Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Close Combat: The Longest Day Campaign Thread

Article about: Hi guys! So, it's time to reveal a nerdy passion of mine. Every few months or so, when I find that I have a lot of free time, I fill it with a campaign of one of my favorite games- Close Com

Default Re: Close Combat: The Longest Day Campaign Thread

Casualties as of the afternoon of June 6th:

Germany:
    332 KIA, 326 Wounded, 2 Tanks, 20 AT Guns

Allies:
    164 KIA, 141 Wounded, 6 Tanks, 1 AT Gun

I moved the 4th I.D. into the Cotentin Peninsula to take Le Port Brehay. The Germans put up a good fight here, destroying my only Sherman and killing the lieutenant in charge of the company. I managed to take plenty of territory though.

I had sent the Sherman to clear a bridge when it was ambushed by a Panzerschreck team. My tank killed one of the men in the team, but the other man knocked out the tank, sending the vehicle crew to hide in the hedgerows. When the man who destroyed the tank got a little too close to the vehicle crew, they lit him up with .45's. Revenge is sweet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Back at Formigny, the 29th Division continues to battle against the German 352nd division for control of the main hub of the Omaha sector. As of now it is late afternoon of the 6th, and we almost have the entire area secured. I inflicted plenty of casualties on the Germans this time, because I had lots of room to hide a few well-placed machine guns.

Earlier in the afternoon, I had moved the 9th Brigade of the British 3rd Infantry Division into Caen, to take it from Panzer-Grenadier-Regiment 192 of the 21. Panzer Division.

Losses were heavy on both sides, with men running around the streets frantically trying to avoid fire from the tanks. I had allocated RAF air support, but it wasn't particularly useful here. My terrotiry gain included a lot of charges into enemy fire, turning the Battle for Caen into a Stalingrad-like scene. So far, I have taken about half of the city.

Bayeux was a much better scene for me. I have routed the Germans from this town, but I expect a hefty counterattack later.

Caen is the real prize!

- - Updated - -

Casualties as of late afternoon of June 6th:

Germany:
    398 KIA, 407 Wounded, 4 Tanks, 1 Halftrack, 24 AT Guns

Allies:
    197 KIA, 171 Wounded, 11 Tanks, 1 AT Gun

Nice Mo I played CC Russian Front and I really did not like it. I am still a fan of COH (company of heros) for a strategy game I just got the last expansion pack and the Tiger ace series is amazing!

The battle continues at Le Port Brehay. The 4th I.D. is having a tough time, because although the port has been secured, the Germans have simply fallen back into the hedgerows, making them hard to assault. They should be cleared out by the evening.

Formigny has finally been taken by the 29th I.D.

It's now time for the Omaha sector to expand.

The Brits in Caen have almost taken the city. The MKIV tanks of the 21st division have been particularly nasty, and the house-to-house fighting has been a nightmare.

The casualties as of the evening of June 6th:

Germany:
    434 KIA, 444 Wounded, 6 Tanks, 3 Vehicles, 24 AT Guns

Allies:
    205 KIA, 185 Wounded, 12 Tanks, 1 AT Gun

It is now the night of June 6th/7th. I am taking advantage of the cover of darkness to move the 101st Airborne into a few areas of the Utah sector that need mopping up, starting with the Carentan Causeway. I. Battailon of FJR6 moved into the area during the day, and have set up defensive positions. The process is simple: move men across a bridge, engage in hand-to hand combat, fire a flare, and mow down the guys who are retreating across the next bridge. I took minimal casualties during this engagement, but the geography of the causeway has allowed for little progress.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast