Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Collecting Nazi memorabilia is it wrong ?

Article about: by big ned I sense the inky fingerprints of a journalist all over this question looking for something where they can get in a few cheap shots that will not bear well towards the collecting c

Default Re: Collecting Nazi memorabilia is it wrong ?

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    So where is 'Badge' since he asked the question??

Nick
    Was thinking exactly the same thing.

Quote by Patrick Lewis View Post
    If you collect reproductions then I think its wrong
    I know this post is old, but what exactly make collecting reproductions so wrong? What do other members think of this? I cannot always afford all original items I would like to have, so I sometimes resort to reproductions.

contributing to the debate, and hopefully find interesting ...

Dan

Nothing too controversial there. I thought it was a balanced report rather than a massive rant against collectors of both Nazi and Communist items. Indeed, the only part of the subject that they got really concerned about was the current arguments about the Confederate flag and it's connotations regarding slavery and racism in the southern states of the U.S. which is still considered a massive problem according to the comments raised in the clip, but has no real resemblance towards our chosen hobby at all.

Thanks for sharing it.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

we like to read HISTORY and hold it

why does russian Items not get bad press or negatively as Stalin killed 50 million+

people don't realise SS was the elite fighting divisions of the SS and people collect their items from soldiers not items from any camps or camp guards.
    We pretend History never happened.

The way people see these items is not good and looks like they will be trying to ban them in the future.

Quote by ironcross13 View Post
    why does russian Items not get bad press or negatively as Stalin killed 50 million+

people don't realise SS was the elite fighting divisions of the SS and people collect their items from soldiers not items from any camps or camp guards.
    We pretend History never happened.

The way people see these items is not good and looks like they will be trying to ban them in the future.
    The Waffen SS commited numerous recorded atrocities against unarmed civilian populations and also military prisoners. We can not look at the organization without recognizing the evils they also commited.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by ironcross13 View Post
    Yeah but we could look at the allies in the same way if we wanted, the Russians killed so many Germans soldiers and civilians as they took over Eastern Europe and committed many war crimes, but as they won there is nothing bad said.
    The UK/US are said to of killed many POW. If Germany won would the war crimes trials be held the other way around with the Russians and Allies being held responsible for the war and any war crimes the Germans felt they done.
    War is bad.

But average people who have not looked into WW2 or know much about it, do think Nazi Items SS or anything else is evil and weird for people to collect and does not look well on say if someone visited you and seen a Nazi flag or SS flag. So maybe this stuff will get banned in the next 10-20 year.
    I do not think it will get banned, it would have been banned already. Many people collect these ítems worldwide. As far as I know the biggest Militaria Worlwide fairs are in the US and I reckon that a very big percentage of what is sold in there is TR Militaria, Bid vs Offer and that is the way it is

I think "memorabilia" is a wrong word, but that is just me and English isn't my mother tongue!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast