Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Collection of Photos including Belsen and German Vet Items

Article about: Well I made the deal to buy the lot of items owned by a RCAF Airman, I have some of his paperwork, paybook ect as well as his WW2 Photos, and Items he brought back, the photos include photos

?

Default Collection of Photos including Belsen and German Vet Items

Well I made the deal to buy the lot of items owned by a RCAF Airman, I have some of his paperwork, paybook ect as well as his WW2 Photos, and Items he brought back, the photos include photos of Belsen and an SS Belt and buckle, I will post better photos of the German items on the proper forum for your ideas on them. What does concern me is this, if he went to Belsen and brought back an SS Belt ( if it turns out to be the real deal), then I find that somewhat creepy, and it will not stay long in my house

Many of the photos have writing on the back, many tell where the photo was taken, seems the German Girls in July and August 1945 had no problem hanging out with Canadians or other Allied Personnal, there must be 250 to 350 photos, I have not gone through them all yet as it will take a lot of time, some are curved. when I find other interesting ones, I will post them, so here is an overall view with some of the interesting ones I have found after a quick look shown a bit better.
    My Camera broke as I was taking these photos, a button popped of and I could only just get the photos I have for now, after 14 years, that great camera died, I will have to learn how to use the new one I bought 3 years ago!!!!

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

DAMN THE PHOTOS CAME ARE NOT IN THE ORDER I POSTED THEM IN, SORRY ABOUT THE BACK AND FORTH
    Dean O

SS BKL 004.jpgSS BKL 015.jpgSS BKL 014.jpgSS BKL 012.jpgSS BKL 011.jpgSS BKL 010.jpgSS BKL 009.jpgSS BKL 008.jpgSS BKL 007.jpgSS BKL 006.jpgSS BKL 005.jpgSS BKL 003.jpgSS BKL 002.jpgSS BKL 001.jpgSS BKL 016.jpg

An extraordinary collection. The derelict aircraft are of particular interest and the burning of Belsen barracks. Why did they burn them? NH

?

They burned them because of sickness, and I feel that the photo with the mass grave in front of the burning barricks was taken as propaganda..has a well known paper mark on the back, after hours of seeing this type of photo, cannot find any online that are the same..Please understand, I both love and hate these kinds of photos.... I was once a Medic..well let us leave that there... It is what it is..and if those people could burn them...well that is what it is..on a tangant again

Sorry

Take care

Dean

Here's a picture of the memorial at Belsen taken in the 1960's when our regiment was making its way up to the ranges at Todendorf. If you enlarge the picture you will see all the mist hanging low in the background. I find your comment on the SS belt a bit odd. It is part of the history of the whole collection. You mustn't start separating things just because you currently feel uneasy. I'm sorry if I sound flippant, but if it makes you feel that bad, then get rid of the lot and donate them to a museum.

Germany_0001.jpg

?

Thank you for this info, and please do not think I dislike history, we both collect, I would just rather collect other types of military items..others can collect this sort of thing..no I am not Jewish or a gipsy or what ever...I have been to one KZ, and will travel to others in the future.
    I think we need to know the truth, and I want to see it myself, but I feel no need to have items like these in my house

Just My thougths

Dean O

?

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    An extraordinary collection. The derelict aircraft are of particular interest and the burning of Belsen barracks. Why did they burn them? NH
    The threat of disease spreading - the Bergen-Belsen site was rife with it.

Is there anything that says the belt and buckle were taken from Bergen-Belsen? I see a Luftwaffe buckle there also as well as an Army belt and buckle, and I can't imagine either one being from the camp, so there may not be any reason to feel uneasy on the SS set. It could have came from anywhere-such as a pile of confiscated equipment junk heap-and there were Many such in Germany at the end of the war!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by CampX View Post
    Thank you for this info, and please do not think I dislike history, we both collect, I would just rather collect other types of military items..others can collect this sort of thing..no I am not Jewish or a gipsy or what ever...I have been to one KZ, and will travel to others in the future.
    I think we need to know the truth, and I want to see it myself, but I feel no need to have items like these in my house

Just My thougths

Dean O
    It is a great pity that items that have been together for 70 years are going to be split up because some items do not fit in with your collecting preferences. For myself, I would never buy a collection which had been together since the war just to break it up and keep what interests me. Again, it is only my opinion. But it always seems a shame when a veterans belongings are broken up in this way.

if you want to get rid of the belt I will take it off you. I know where a sword from belsen is but he will not part with it.

Dean we need to see more of them photos. please.