Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Concentration Camp Letters, Jewish Star and other Holocaust items

Article about: I have a fair number of Concentration Camp Letters, about sixteen, from Auschwitz, Dachau, Sachenhausen, Ravensbruck, Gross-Rosen, Nurengamme and Weimer. I also have an Auschwitz survivor me

Default Concentration Camp Letters, Jewish Star and other Holocaust items

I have a fair number of Concentration Camp Letters, about sixteen, from Auschwitz, Dachau, Sachenhausen, Ravensbruck, Gross-Rosen, Nurengamme and Weimer. I also have an Auschwitz survivor medal and yellow cloth Jewish star and ghetto money. I am considering selling these. My question is whether to sell these items individually or as a lot. I hate to part with them but would prefer to keep them all together. What would you guys recommend? Thanks for your advice.

Default Re: Concentration Camp Letters, Jewish Star and other Holocaust items

You need to keep them together if they are associated with the same person, if not, you might be best to sell them singly. Buyers are very suspicious of yellow stars as they are so easily faked, but the other items should do well on ebay.

?

Cruithin, Douglas has stated the best way in which to address the question. As camp related items, although not uncommon, can be quite sought after, so I feel that you will have no trouble moving them on so to speak. However, be sure that the cloth items and camp scrip in particular are original examples, as they are among the most frequently reproduced Third Reich era artifacts that can be found today.

Regards,

Carl

p.s. I'm assuming that these pieces relate to more than one person, due to the various camps that are listed, so single sales may well be your best bet.

p.p.s. If you were to join the Gold Club (see top of the home page), then you would be able to advertise here on the forum, thus reaching many potential interested collectors.

Can we see them?i am fascinated!

?

I suggest you photograph them and post them in the Third Reich Paperwork forum for appraisal. The cloth items in the Insignia forum.

If the pieces are not related I would suggest selling them individually. For example, I would be interested in the Dachau and Sachsenhausen pieces but not the others so wouldn't consider buying them as a group.

If they are from one family, from or sent to a single person then they should be kept together and sold as a lot.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I suggest you photograph them and post them in the Third Reich Paperwork forum for appraisal. The cloth items in the Insignia forum.

If the pieces are not related I would suggest selling them individually. For example, I would be interested in the Dachau and Sachsenhausen pieces but not the others so wouldn't consider buying them as a group.

If they are from one family, from or sent to a single person then they should be kept together and sold as a lot.
    Thanks for your advice. I've posted photos in the appropriate forums.