Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Conman Active on eBay

Article about: Hello folks. In light of fairly recent experience, I feel it's my duty to inform the community here of an unsavoury character currently operating on eBay. I simply could not let this slide.

Default Conman Active on eBay

Hello folks.

In light of fairly recent experience, I feel it's my duty to inform the community here of an unsavoury character currently operating on eBay. I appreciate that this will probably not come as much of a shock, but I simply could not let this slide. Forgive me if this comes across as a rant at points. People like this really get my goat.

Back in July, I purchased an ARP First Aid shoulder bag from a seller. It was a process I'd carried out a hundred times before. Click 'Buy', pay for the goods and postage, wait for a new collection piece to turn up.
    Problem was, the latter never happened. It never turned up. The seller gave a reason for the delay, and I was happy to wait for the time being. About a month passed, no response, nothing in the post. What followed soon after was a saga that lasted several months, exchanging emails and eventually escalating the situation to a PayPal claim. I'm happy to be able to say that I was able to recover my money recently, despite the seller deactivating all their accounts and apparently doing a runner.

It's a shame, as this seller had some very interesting Home Front items in his stock. I've since come to realise that he likely does not actually own any of them, and is in fact 'doing a Pavel' and selling things he's never had in his possession. I wrote it off as a bad experience that I was lucky to escape from, and got on with my collecting life.

I have continued to peruse eBay since then, of course. One bad experience isn't enough to put me off, especially considering the bargains I've managed to score in the past. You also never know what's going to appear next, and may find yourself able to bag a fairly rare item for a more-than-fair price.

What I wasn't expecting to turn up, was the exact same ARP First Aid shoulder bag! The seller in question goes by a different alias this time, and is using an account that's been active since 2008, but the listings are literally identical. Price, postage costs, even the same descriptions and photographs.

The user in question: https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/brighteye...p2047675.l2559

If there are any Home Front collectors reading this who also happen to regularly peruse eBay, avoid this gentleman like the plague! You'll not receive what you've bought, and you may not be as lucky as me in recovering your cash!

PSA/rant over.

Best regards to all, B.B.

For better reference and understanding, and to help others avoid being conned, I'm updating this thread with images of each of the items up for sale. This way, any future attempts to fraudulently sell these pieces under a different alias will hopefully be proven fruitless.

Exhibit A: 'Hitler's Terror Bulldogs' -- £80

s-l1600 (48).jpgs-l1600 (47).jpg

Exhibit B: 'ARP First Aid Bag' -- £45

s-l1600 (45).jpgs-l1600 (46).jpg

Exhibit C: 'ARP First Aid Box' -- £110

s-l1600 (52).jpgs-l1600 (51).jpg

Exhibit D: 'Paragon First Aid' -- £100

s-l1600 (49).jpgs-l1600 (50).jpg

MAP
    ?

Can you report this other seller to EBay? Showing the same photos, description, etc? But knowing EBay...I doubt they will do anything.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Can you report this other seller to EBay? Showing the same photos, description, etc? But knowing EBay...I doubt they will do anything.
    Exactly why I haven't bothered. People like this are persistent. And we all know that eBay could care less as far as militaria is concerned anyway!

B.B.

That person/roach, sounds like a Petty Thief
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill