MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Contemporary Chinese Militaria

Article about: Hello all, I apologize if I am in the wrong place. This looked like the most appropriate place to discuss such things. Last summer, through private connections, I met a Chinese serviceman in

BaYue
    ?

Default Contemporary Chinese Militaria

Hello all,

I apologize if I am in the wrong place. This looked like the most appropriate place to discuss such things.

Last summer, through private connections, I met a Chinese serviceman in Beijing and after bargaining, he graciously gave me some standard issue clothes. He said giving away Army property was unauthorized - especially to foreigners. He serves in the PLAAF (Chinese Air Force) as an Engineer. I can't recall his rank but he was pretty high up.

Since then, I have been scouring the Internet in search of pictures of drawings of PLAAF uniforms but they're hard to come by.

He gave me :
    - A pale blue summer shirt (cotton) (note the buttons: the symbols stand for 8/1, August 8th, the day the PLA was created.
    - Dark blue pants (polyester)
    - A dark blue tie and the corps's tie clip (which is surprising to say the least)
    - An olive green army belt
    I have no idea if they are worn together or if just gave me random clothes.

Here are a few pictures:AFShirt - 1.jpgAFShirt3.jpgTieClip.jpgDSC01246.jpgAFShirt2.jpgAFPants3.jpgAFPants - 1.jpg

If you know anything about these, or if you want additional information, please comment. I'm looking to sell, so if you are interested, don't hesitate.

In Beijing, I also bought a gorgeous winter-thick wool Mao suit. The jacket and pants are dark green. The guy who sold them to me said they were most likely in use in the 1970s/1980s. I will upload pictures if you're interested.

?

Default Re: Contemporary Chinese Militaria

Nice.
    You are the first collector I know of to get such hard to find items.

BaYue
    ?

Those are some really nice stuff! I have never seen anything like these! Thanks for showing!