Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

The 'Cooler King' of Colditz

Article about: This is a character I have not read about previously but he seems to have been a pain to the Germans ! RIP Peter Tunstall Squadron Leader Peter Tunstall, the cooler king of Colditz who faile

Default The 'Cooler King' of Colditz

This is a character I have not read about previously but he seems to have been a pain to the Germans !

RIP Peter Tunstall

Squadron Leader Peter Tunstall, the cooler king of Colditz who failed to get the recognition he deserved - News - People - The Independent

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Default Re: The 'Cooler King' of Colditz

Another one gone.
    May he r.i.p

?

Interesting article. It seems as though the senior officer had a chip on his shoulder about Tunstall and that's why we didn't hear of him and why he received no recognition.

I actually hope now (I realise it's too late) that someone somewhere has the decency to award him posthumous medals for his family.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Interesting article. It seems as though the senior officer had a chip on his shoulder about Tunstall and that's why we didn't hear of him and why he received no recognition.

I actually hope now (I realise it's too late) that someone somewhere has the decency to award him posthumous medals for his family.
    Ahmen to that Adrian

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

a shame he was treated like that.but I am sure he got the recognition from his brother officers.R I P.

Very sad, another hero gone.

RIP

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!