Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Could Hitler drive?

Article about: Hi Guys, I found this picture on the net today. It shows Hitler on his 50th birthday being presented a VW Beetle by Ferdinand Porsche. Also can be seen Bormann, Ley and other leading nazis.

Default Re: Could Hitler drive?

Quote by talltom View Post
    Probaby best your gonna see...
    Attachment 245140
    not really driving, but close enough

This may indeed be the closest we'll get............!

I just found this, I'm not sure whether it's his drivers licence or his RAC card but it might be relevant. cheers, Dave.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hitler could drive, and loved cars. He did drive himself sometimes in the 20s and maybe also later. I seem to remember his drivinglicen from the 20s where on sale on Hermann historica some years ago

I think he had a Mercedes Benz? If he had, he had a good taste of cars, at least!

Attached Images Attached Images

Just for the sake of accuracy, please allow me to point out that neither of the two items in post # 35 above is a driver's license.

The left one is the registration for a car owned by the NSDAP (according to the caption, their first one) and the one on the right is Hitler's 1925 membership card for the ADAC (Allgemeiner Deutscher Automobil-Club, i.e. German General Automobile Club).

The item in post # 32 is his 1934/35 membership card for the DDAC (Der Deutsche Automobil-Club, i.e. The German Automobile Club), which was created in 1933 by merging the ADAC and all other national automobile associations.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234