Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Craig Gottlieb dealer website

Article about: Please move it, if it is in the wrong place. I am looking at this website ( craig gottlieb). A forum member just told me to be very careful ,that this dealer sell high quality fakes is this

?

Default Craig Gottlieb dealer website

Please move it, if it is in the wrong place.
    I am looking at this website ( craig gottlieb).
    A forum member just told me to be very careful ,that this dealer sell high quality fakes is this correct?

I've not dealt with him or his website but a Google search of "Craig Gottlieb" will return some interesting reading.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote by Munich View Post
    Please move it, if it is in the wrong place.
    I am looking at this website ( craig gottlieb).
    A forum member just told me to be very careful ,that this dealer sell high quality fakes is this correct?
    Like everything........know what you are buying, stay away from exotic items unless you know for sure, do a search, post on the forum, in other words do your homework first.
    He is well know in the dealer circles, if nothing else, for his flamboyance. Since he started appearing on "Pawn Stars" it has improved his credibility somewhat. All his items seem to be mint or mega mint, that would set alarm bells ringing, however, he has a good photographer, and he does try.

Not bad for an Ex USMC Captain

?

Craig Gottlieb does not enjoy the best reputation amongst collectors, only amongst his friends. I for one would never buy anything from him on principle.
    He has history of bad practice, just look up the SA Birdshead dagger on WAF.

Each to their own though and being as you asked for opinion, you have mine.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

My opinion would be the same as Adrian's.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I don't know him either have seen his stuff in this era of web sites. Google a article "Diesecting a Fraud" by A. Royster there is some information on there about him and a German dealer he is in partnership with. A few on here are not big on Royster but I don't know him either what he says does make sense on the copies sold. timothy

?

I have been doing some more research since I posted this thread and all look very negative to me.
    I think I will pass on this website.
    Thank you for all your help.

overpriced also

He got allot of stick over the munich desk set, my personal view I do not know.

Many moons ago I bidded on a Luftwaffe sword during one of his online auctions, I couldn't help thinking somebody inside the house was running me up. But that was just a feelin, I cannot prove anything.

But they seemed nice and friendly to deal with so I don't know why they have bad publicity.

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Not bad for an Ex USMC Captain
    A reservist I believe

But in any case I tend to agree with all the comments above. All his stock seems to be too good to be true and he has an uncanny ability to locate the "treasure" that other dealers just can't find

I recall my grandmother referring to certain women as being "all fur coat and no knickers" and I wonder if there can ever be smoke without fire?

Like most members above I can't be 100% sure but am 100% unwilling to risk my hard earned (and not too plentiful) cash to find out

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast