Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

customs issues with nazi items uk /usa?

Article about: sorry not sure what section to ask in ? if i wanted to bring a nazi swastika'd item back to the uk from usa , am i allowed to or are there any issues with it same for replica items?? id like

Default customs issues with nazi items uk /usa?

sorry not sure what section to ask in ?

if i wanted to bring a nazi swastika'd item back to the uk from usa , am i allowed to or are there any issues with it

same for replica items??

id like to bring something back with me , but wont if it might be trouble

thanks

I've never heard of a problem, unless it's something like a Dagger or edged weapon.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

England should not be a problem, Germany can be.

nah nothing sharp...just wondering if id get picked out and given a hard time if whoever whatches the scanners doesnt like the idea of it

No you won't. It is not illegal to collect, import or trade in Nazi memorabilia in the UK.

However, I am not sure if any import duties might be applicable if the value of the imported goods is over a certain amount. If you were stopped by customs you might be asked to produce a sales receipt if there is import duty applicable to the goods you are bringing into the UK.

Phone HMRC and ask what value of goods can be imported without being liable for import duties...I don't think it is very high value threshold.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

I brought a book signed by Albert Speer, third reich era photographs and some medals to the us and didn't have a problem.

Hi ,there are no issues with bringing back Third Reich items to the UK from the USA. If you are really worried about it though, wrap and package it well,if it is say an EK2, fill out a customs slip stating that the item is a badge worth $30 and send it tracked delivery to your house. Customs won't bother with that! Leon.

no problem if in your hold luggage.

?

Moved to the discussions area.

?

I also held/carried a Third Reich infantry officer cap with me accross the airports from Kentucky to Florida to Dullas and to Ireland without any problem.

I will say more than three people thought I was in the military. At first when someone said "What rank" I thought they meant the cap and I said "Officer" and then they asked where I was based and I had to explain it's an antique and I'm not actually in the military!