Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cuvée Sir Winston Churchill

Article about: In 2000 I went on a business trip to Epernay on the invitation of the Pol Roger Champagne estate. I was given a bottle of a special vintage from the 1998 harvest which was dedicated to Winst

Default Cuvée Sir Winston Churchill

In 2000 I went on a business trip to Epernay on the invitation of the Pol Roger Champagne estate.

I was given a bottle of a special vintage from the 1998 harvest which was dedicated to Winston Churchill as it was his favourite Champagne.

Cuvée Sir Winston Churchill - Champagne - Pol Roger Portfolio

Today I pulled the said bottle from the depths of my wine cellar (my garage) and my dilemma is do I drink it or do I keep it as a piece of history?

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hi Nick, nice keep sake I think not sure if you'll get another in a hurry.
    Personally id drink the others first

best matty

Yes you are right Matty

Champagne reaches its best at around 12 years so maybe its past it now

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Don't open it Nick!

I have some limited edition Buzet bottles with pictures of game girds on the labels and have never opened them. The wine is most likely far from pleasant now as they are more than twenty years old.

Keep it complete and you have a collectable, open it and all you have is recycling.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Good point Adrian !

I will open a Cava instead

Nick

You can open an other bottle...
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

The '98 Churchill Cuvee is good now and up until at least 2020. It's considered one of the best in it's class and will improve if allowed to fill out. Personally i'm a Veuve Clicquot drinker by choice, always having at least half a case at hand. The bottle you show appears to be the one that Pol Roger specially made for Winston Churchill in that it contains, uniquely, an imperial pint. This was because Churchill invariably drank it with his morning breakfast.....Is this the case with your bottle Nick?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Ned-Did he use it on his corn flakes?

Quote by big ned View Post
    The '98 Churchill Cuvee is good now and up until at least 2020. It's considered one of the best in it's class and will improve if allowed to fill out. Personally i'm a Veuve Clicquot drinker by choice, always having at least half a case at hand. The bottle you show appears to be the one that Pol Roger specially made for Winston Churchill in that it contains, uniquely, an imperial pint. This was because Churchill invariably drank it with his morning breakfast.....Is this the case with your bottle Nick?
    That's interesting Ned, no my bottle is the regular 75cl.

The label has been lost over the years but it had the black border

Nick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast