Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

D-Day June 6,1944

Article about: 67 years ago today while my Dad was fighting in the pacific three of my Uncles were fighting On Normandies beaches. They have all passed on now but I would like to mention their names. Jack

?

Default D-Day June 6,1944

67 years ago today while my Dad was fighting in the pacific three of my Uncles were fighting On Normandies beaches. They have all passed on now but I would like to mention their names.
    Jack Dempsey Ray
    Jack P. Osburn
    James "Jim" Cooper
    I will never forget.
    Steve Ray

Default Re: D-Day June 6,1944

The world will never forget what they did Steve

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Guys, I've just removed five posts to keep the thread tidy and to keep it on the course by which it was intended.
    There are no bragging rights over who did what and when here. Steve has started a thread to remember his fallen relatives who fought on the beaches of Normandy on the anniversary of this event - as he is entitled to do.
    Show some respect, as you would expect to receive and do not start an argument or a wind up by putting down what he wishes to say or playing down the significance of his feelings. There is a place on this forum to remember all relatives who fought and died during any conflict if you choose to do so.
    Keep it civil Gentlemen!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi Steve,
    Respects to your dad and uncles on doing there part in the war where ever they fought,
    This date has memories for many people thoughout the world. My dad also fought along with my uncles and also all have passed now, none will be forgotten.
    respects Dave.

?

For those that understand why I started a thread to honor my uncles service. Thankyou.
    For those that do not like me.
    My heart bleeds.
    Steve Ray

Steve,

My heart goes out to you. The world may not remember their names but they will always remember what they did.

My Best, Tyrone

Quote by SteveR View Post
    For those that understand why I started a thread to honor my uncles service. Thankyou.
    For those that do not like me.
    My heart bleeds.
    Steve Ray
    Steve that is some family history,something to be very proud.
    could you tell us some info about your uncles that were in Normandy.
    I just love to hear the family history of D-day family menbers.

Chris