Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Das Boot the film!!!!.

Article about: I did think one of the actors had a rather squeeky voice....lol I have arleady bought my copy from Amazon..A directors special edtion so hopefully German & English..But I will be watchin

?

Default Das Boot the film!!!!.

Morning Gents..Nothing too exciting to report!! except I have just finished watching the film Das Boot "during work hours ".. What can I say what a film..amazing...I haven't seen it before..So when I sat there on you tube for 3 hours I was blown away.. I would say it is a classic...Nearly as good as A Bridge Too Far......Anyway have a nice day & cheers Terry.215px-Das_boot_ver1.jpg

?

Default Re: Das Boot the film!!!!.

I think the original series was about six or seven hours long Terry. You need to pull a longer shift.............

?

Six or seven hours long?????????, Adrian I can skive but that is taking the p***!!!!!..but what a film!!!!..I was there in the boat....lol....my brew was going everywhere.... Cheers Terry.

?

It is worth having in your collection. Next time you see it, use quality sound, a dark room and turn of your phone.
    Collect ROA, Cossack, Schuma and other WW2 Volunteer militaria.

"Be Humble and kind, for you may find that it was Odin you entertained"

Das Boot is a great movie, I first saw it when it came out and it is still as exciting to watch today as it was then. It is one of the most atmospheric movies I can ever think of having seen. And I also now have it on DVD.
    Last edited by sandgroper; 11-22-2012 at 10:11 AM. Reason: To correct spelling error

The subtiltled film is better than the awful dubbed version !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

i never gave it a thought. i would think to myself how could you make a film about a sub crew that would be intresting. but how wrong i was. after watching it i thought it was one of the best films ive ever seen.

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    The subtiltled film is better than the awful dubbed version !

Nick
    I completely agree Nick, I think the German language version is far better, my DVD copy of the film allows for either the English language version or the subtitled version but I only ever watch this film in the original German, it is far more atmospheric.

4md
    ?

A classic movie one of my favorites.

?

A classic. An absolute must see for anybody who is still to do so...and please, as suggested above...only watch in German.

Regards,

Carl
    Experienced guide and published author leading detailed study trips to the former KZ sites of Nazi Germany. Contact for further details.

www.concentrationcamptours.com

www.concentrationcampmoney.com

"maka akaŋl oyate maŋi pi ki le, tuweŋi wypeya oki hi sni"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast