Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DaveJB offline - PARTY TIME !

Article about: Yes, you read it correctly. Poor old DaveJB has had a major computer malfunction. His trusty Pentium 1 laptop with 512k RAM a 40Mb hard drive and 128k graphics card has finally given up the

Default DaveJB offline - PARTY TIME !

Yes, you read it correctly. Poor old DaveJB has had a major computer malfunction. His trusty Pentium 1 laptop with 512k RAM a 40Mb hard drive and 128k graphics card has finally given up the ghost. He will be offline for a few days until he either;

a. Gets a new hamster for his old laptop
    b. Gets a new laptop, (his budget is £12.50)
    c. Gives up on buying anything and just goes down the local internet cafe once a week

Whatever he chooses, it is PARTY TIME as he is certainly not around for a few days.

The normal battle between him and Big Ned to see who can post the funniest/first comment to a new thread will have to go on hold.

The floor is yours Big Ned !

Default Re: DaveJB offline - PARTY TIME !

Steve,tell Dave to try the homing pigeon for the mails or SMS.
    Good luck !

Quote by Steve T View Post
    Yes, you read it correctly. Poor old DaveJB has had a major computer malfunction. His trusty Pentium 1 laptop with 512k RAM a 40Mb hard drive and 128k graphics card has finally given up the ghost. He will be offline for a few days until he either;

a. Gets a new hamster for his old laptop
    b. Gets a new laptop, (his budget is £12.50)
    c. Gives up on buying anything and just goes down the local internet cafe once a week

Whatever he chooses, it is PARTY TIME as he is certainly not around for a few days.

The normal battle between him and Big Ned to see who can post the funniest/first comment to a new thread will have to go on hold.

The floor is yours Big Ned !

It's probably one of 3 potential problems, and not particularly difficult to solve.

1: There's been a power cut due to the inclement weather, check to see if the lights come on and the t.v's working.

2: The cats whisker in the back of Daves' computer has fried, chase cat for new one.

3: There's a Werther's Original stuck to the optical sensor on the computer mouse, remove the 'delicious butter candy' and carry on as normal.

Hope this helps, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by sebfrench76 View Post
    Steve,tell Dave to try the homing pigeon for the mails or SMS.
    Good luck !
    Another job for 'Speckled Jim'???
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Another job for 'Speckled Jim'???
    General Melchett's best bird !

I will begin carving him a new driftwood motherboard immediately.

?

That fine plump breasted pidgeon !!
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

I thought the Pentium 1 had a hole on the side were you wind it up like a field telephone.

Martin

hot off the press - Dave's back in business

carrier_pigion_released_from_British_tank_1918.jpg

I have rung Dave to pass on your suggestions. Most of his replies were loud, garbled and included a word beginning with f, (and no, I don't mean frog).

He has clarified two things though. Firstly, his homing pigeon is AWOL, last seen heading to the south with a bottle of suncream under its wing. Secondly, it wasn't a pentium 1, it was a 486 and had no graphics card.

Oh....and there definitely hasn't been a power cut, as Dave pointed out to me that a bus had just gone past his house with it's lights on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast