Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Dealer Question: Reputation?

Article about: Hello folks. Was doing my usual internet browsing this evening and stumbled across this site; Time Militaria: Time Militaria Many of the items listed for sale look legit, including a few I m

Default Dealer Question: Reputation?

Hello folks.

Was doing my usual internet browsing this evening and stumbled across this site; Time Militaria: Time Militaria

Many of the items listed for sale look legit, including a few I may be tempted to spend some of my hard earned money on come the next payday. I am wondering if anyone on this forum has had experience with this seller, and if they'd recommend them. I understand that dealers with good reputations don't get them by being dishonest and selling shoddy merchandise. I also understand that there must be literally thousands of dealer sites out there, with new ones popping up every day.

Most of their items seem to be common, relatively low cost pieces. No Knights Crosses or SS stuff to be seen. A more humble dealer, it seems. With very reasonable prices. But, as with everything in this hobby, I cannot help feel skeptical. I've come to learn that if it's too good to be true, it usually is.

Below, a selection of pieces for sale. (These are among the highest-priced items I could find)

DSCN162217.JPG.jpgDSCN177049.JPG.jpgDSCN177061.JPG.jpg

So, folks of WRF, 'yay' or 'nay?'

Regards, B.B.

The PAB is a fake, IMO.
    I'll leave the rest to others.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    The PAB is a fake, IMO.
    I'll leave the rest to others.
    Ralph.
    There was something about the eagle that seemed a bit 'off' to me. The details seem rather crude, particularly the head and chest feathers. I'm hoping the EK1 turns out to be okay, as it's one of the pieces I'm eyeing up!

B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    I'm hoping the EK1 turns out to be okay, as it's one of the pieces I'm eyeing up!

B.B.
    It actually looks like a post war Souval to me but you should wait for other opinions.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    It actually looks like a post war Souval to me but you should wait for other opinions.
    Ralph.
    Will do, thanks. If that turns out to be the case, I'll give it a miss.

B.B.

Iron cross is Souval as Ralph said, so the best thing to do is to pass on that cross, because you will actually never be one hundred percent sure is it wartime or not. I think that this one considers to be pre 1945, but you never know with Souval really. I have sold one which was confirmed as genuine because i wasnt absolutely sure regardless that confirmation.
    Best regards, Franko