Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Defending One's Self

Article about: i'm happy that you understand me :P People that ask opinions of other members need to understand that, that isn't everything. They have to look by themselves for more information in the iner

Jan
    ?

Default Re: Defending One's Self

I truly owe much to the experts on this forum, of course I´m happy with what I have but to me it´s all about comunication and interaction. I suppose those who make repros don´t communicate as much

Rgds

When I graciously ask for an opinion on something through this forum, it's just a continuation of my research. Great topic Richard!

Jay

Jan
    ?

Quote by Jan View Post
    I truly owe much to the experts on this forum, of course I´m happy with what I have but to me it´s all about comunication and interaction. I suppose those who make repros don´t communicate as much

Rgds
    would it be possible to change the Defending one´s self to something more suitable?

Quote by Jan View Post
    would it be possible to change the Defending one´s self to something more suitable?
    I'm at a loss to come up with something more fitting to the subject but are always open to suggestions?

Jan
    ?

Quote by Richard Kimmel View Post
    I'm at a loss to come up with something more fitting to the subject but are always open to suggestions?
    It´s a real good discussion, Ill sleep it over

Rgds Jan
    from snowy Finland -16 C

Quote by Richard Kimmel View Post
    How about :

"Be grateful for solicited opinions...even if they are not what you want to hear"

or

"Requesting opinions on a item; taking the good with the bad - respectfully"
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote by oradour View Post
    i agree wholeheartdly with both Richard Kimmel and Steven M, i am amazed that many collectors own little or no refrence material, i know that they cost good money that many believe is better spent on actual artifacts, but believe me, it is money well spent and a good library will pay you back dividends in the future.
    I couldn't agree more with this statement! The first thing I did when I began collecting was buy reference book and reference book! Definitely worth their weight in the amount of value you can get out of them.
    Secondly, I think those of us who are serious collectors and offer opinions should do so with respect and more of an educational voice, rather than simply slam an item and its owner. I think as senior collectors, we should help to educate and keep the hobby going. At some point, you're going to want someone to want your items before you take that long dirt nap. So far, I have been very impressed with the gentlemen in this forum! Just a few thoughts.

Jan
    ?

Quote by einflieger View Post
    I couldn't agree more with this statement! The first thing I did when I began collecting was buy reference book and reference book! Definitely worth their weight in the amount of value you can get out of them.
    Secondly, I think those of us who are serious collectors and offer opinions should do so with respect and more of an educational voice, rather than simply slam an item and its owner. I think as senior collectors, we should help to educate and keep the hobby going. At some point, you're going to want someone to want your items before you take that long dirt nap. So far, I have been very impressed with the gentlemen in this forum! Just a few thoughts.
    Maybe the title should be "Why we use this forum"?

Quote by einflieger View Post

I second this - one must learn all he can. I have formed a library which takes up almost as much room as my military items do !

And I want to add, that a lot of the replies to questions about "Real vs Fake" tend to be short, honest answers from guys who know their stuff, and are simply stating their opinions, not meaning to be disrespectful at all. This leads some to be taken by surprise though, and then they get defensive.

I must also add that just because someone has inherited or been given an item from their ex-serviceman grandfather, or whoever, doesn't mean that it is an authentic original - Grandad could have picked it up last week....or won it in a card game in 1983. "I got it from the Vet...." Seems to be used a lot now to sell an item or give it a false provenance. Buy the item, not the story...........

I don't get the problem

I've asked several times on this forum for help and i got it.
    I'm very greatful for that.
    When someone asks if something is real or not he can expect the awnser that it isn't real. My opinion is that, that person has to deal with it.
    Don't whine, it still can be a beautiful item.

Don't mind the spelling pls

cheers,

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast