Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Delay of package from estonia

Article about: just curious... I have a very nice package coming from Estonia that was mailed earlier this month and the seller/shipper has informed me that there is some sort of a delay or some internatio

Default Delay of package from estonia

just curious... I have a very nice package coming from Estonia that was mailed earlier this month and the seller/shipper has informed me that there is some sort of a delay or some international restriction that lifts Feb. 7 for EMS packages coming to the USA.

Anyone heard about this?

Default Re: Delay of package from estonia

No, if it's a helmet then it's probably from the same guy I bought my M35 from recently (ebay name antiqueboy or something like that?) I think you were talking about getting a helmet from him?. That took 4 weeks to get to the UK then another 3 days to get to the Gulf.

If it is an ebay purchase maybe you should contact ebay before the 40 day non-delivery thing expires so at least it is on record and you'll stand a better chance of getting a refund if the item never arrives. I guess that is your concern?

Hello guys. I have purchased a helmet, a Hassia flashlight and a German lighter from ebay user "1942militaria" on the 10th of December. I have received the package on the yesterday. So Franz i think the seller is up to something. Glen is right try not to miss the deadline to start a dispute. I think it's 45 days since payment was made.
    Regards Chris
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Quote by donkihotis7 View Post
    Hello guys. I have purchased a helmet, a Hassia flashlight and a German lighter from ebay user "1942militaria" on the 10th of December. I have received the package on the yesterday. So Franz i think the seller is up to something. Glen is right try not to miss the deadline to start a dispute. I think it's 45 days since payment was made.
    Regards Chris
    He's a good seller, I'm not worried.

Here is the official Eesti Post story:

Eesti Post Stops Taking US-Bound Packages (1)
    Published: 16.12.2010 16:29

If it weighs more than 500 grams and you want to airmail it to the United States, you can't send it by Eesti Post - at least, not until February 7, the national postal service has announced.

Eesti Post said that, due to newly-imposed restrictions by the US Department of Homeland Security, it would only be accepting such packages from corporate customers who have a contract with the carrier. Even those packages are expected to take longer than usual to reach their destinations, rus.err.ee reported.

Other countries are facing similar restrictions and delays in sending packages to the US.

The tighter Homeland Security controls are a reaction to the failed bomb plot of October 30, in which two parcels containing explosives sent from Yemen were discovered on cargo planes in Dubai and the UK.