Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Delva Old Jamacian Rum - Pics inside!

Article about: this is the so called rommel schnaps ther is a nice story about it was found in the 70s and so on give it a googel search and on wiki is something as well

abacadabbra
    ?

Default Delva Old Jamacian Rum - Pics inside!

Hi guys, I'm new to the site and I need some help. I have this bottle of Old Jamacian rum and I cant find but a small bit of information on it! I've read the story about the lost liquor but I have not seem any of these bottles for sale(at least not exactly like mine). I wanted to find out if anyone here knows how much these are going for. My bottle has an old cap on it and a wooden cork under that, I've seen pictures of a similar bottle with a lable on the neck that mine seems to be missing. But from the stories I read there where different bottles made to store the liquor in so could it be possible some where not made with that lable? Below are some pics of my bottle. Oh yes I also have an empty bottle are those sought after as well as a full bottle? I'm not looking to sell either of these at the moment, just want to get some opinions on what I would be looking at if I did.
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

Default Re: Delva Old Jamacian Rum - Pics inside!

The second picture says the label is a reproduction? So is it really old?
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

From what little I can see of the part of the label that says reproduction, my understanding of what I am reading is the contents of the bottle are a reproduction of an original recipe.

I do not think abracadabra has missed that part of the label, since he has shown it front and center.

My guess is the contents are what's being described.,

.....is a true and faithful(?)
    reproduction of the........(?)
    .....combination.............(?)

abacadabbra
    ?

I posted the pic of the reproduced label on purpose, I wasn't sure if that was how they where originally made (w/reproduction on label) or if it was a true reproduction. Yes the bottle is old, the cap is metal and deterorating.

From the label: This is a true and faithful reproduction of the original label-combination on this bottle.
    Last edited by abacadabbra; 08-10-2010 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Added additional information and fixed spelling

?

Well lad send it to me and I will drink it for you and give you my best evaulation. I know it will be a tough job but I think I am up to it.
    Steve

Quote by abacadabbra View Post
    Hi guys, I'm new to the site and I need some help. I have this bottle of Old Jamacian rum and I cant find but a small bit of information on it! I've read the story about the lost liquor but I have not seem any of these bottles for sale(at least not exactly like mine). I wanted to find out if anyone here knows how much these are going for. My bottle has an old cap on it and a wooden cork under that, I've seen pictures of a similar bottle with a lable on the neck that mine seems to be missing. But from the stories I read there where different bottles made to store the liquor in so could it be possible some where not made with that lable? Below are some pics of my bottle. Oh yes I also have an empty bottle are those sought after as well as a full bottle? I'm not looking to sell either of these at the moment, just want to get some opinions on what I would be looking at if I did.
    I remember those. When I was stationed in Augsburg, Germany in 1976, the ClassVI(liquor) store had bottles of rum, gin, scotch and cognac that had been captured by the Allies from the Afrika Korps. The liquor was stored in Austria during the occupation period at the end of the war and forgotten about. When it was re-discovered and reclaimed by U.S. Forces Europe, reproduction labels were made and placed on the bottles. IIRC, they were sold for $5.00 apiece. I brought back a bottle of rum and a bottle of gin when I came back to the states in 1977. I left them at my Mother's house. If I can find them, I'll post pictures as well.
    Dusty

?

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Well lad send it to me and I will drink it for you and give you my best evaulation. I know it will be a tough job but I think I am up to it.
    Steve
    What a trooper!

Quote by dustyr55 View Post
    I remember those. When I was stationed in Augsburg, Germany in 1976, the ClassVI(liquor) store had bottles of rum, gin, scotch and cognac that had been captured by the Allies from the Afrika Korps. The liquor was stored in Austria during the occupation period at the end of the war and forgotten about. When it was re-discovered and reclaimed by U.S. Forces Europe, reproduction labels were made and placed on the bottles. IIRC, they were sold for $5.00 apiece. I brought back a bottle of rum and a bottle of gin when I came back to the states in 1977. I left them at my Mother's house. If I can find them, I'll post pictures as well.
    Dusty
    Hi Dusty, I remember hearing about this stash of booze when I was in the Army and there was still some available in 1980 when I was in Germany for REFORGER with the 82nd. I always thought it was just a rumor though. I should have bought one of those bottles which was offered to me.

I also noticed your Officer's MI insignia as an avatar. I was 96B1P (enlisted, obviously) What were you?

George

?

After downing that, .... a "Stooper-Trooper"

Regards

Gary J.

Quote by jws54 View Post
    What a trooper!

Talking Re: Delva Old Jamacian Rum - Pics inside!

Quote by tampalam View Post
    Hi Dusty, I remember hearing about this stash of booze when I was in the Army and there was still some available in 1980 when I was in Germany for REFORGER with the 82nd. I always thought it was just a rumor though. I should have bought one of those bottles which was offered to me.

I also noticed your Officer's MI insignia as an avatar. I was 96B1P (enlisted, obviously) What were you?

George
    I was also enlisted, George, first as an 05H20 (morse interceptor) and then as a 98C3A (sigint analyst). One of the best times of my life.

Dusty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.