Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

DiD Figures

Article about: Here is a few pics i've just taken , once again sorry about the poor pics. I'll post a few more tomorrow in better light. Joseph Goebbels (he's looking at me as if to say take me out of the

?

Nice collection Alex , i have been tempted many times to take them out and put them on display but have resisted so far. They certainly have gone up in value recently i have noticed. I also have a soldier story figure feldgendarmarie des heeres , amazing how much detail DID/3R/Soldier Story all put into the uniforms and badges , caps etc. Many Thanks for the pic.

Quote by jimm View Post
    I also collect these wonderful 12 inch figures aswell , my 2 favorites i have are Kurt Meyer and the Ralph Fiennes figure from Schindlers List here are 2 links to detailed pics of these 2 , they are so lifelike it is easy to see why these figures are so great to collect , i keep mine mint in box aswell - good thing is the lids are always velcroed to the box so you can see the figures without opening the box. Links below

Modellers Loft (Kurt Meyer)
    Modellers Loft (Ralph)

I am also after a boxed Adolf Hitler Chancellor figure , a boxed Willi Bauer and a boxed Josef Wunsche , And also a boxed Joachim Peiper figure. Trouble is most of these figures are getting very hard to find now as they are discontinued.
    Hmmm, not sure i'd want a model of Amon Göth!...

?

It was my wife's suggestion that I display the figures. I guess I didn't need too much convincing. She's always saying that it doesn't matter about the value as I never sell anything anyway. They looked really good displayed when I only had half as many but now they look a little cluttered. I do find putting the figures together really enjoyable. It can take up several hours especially when you're threading 1/6 molle with tweezers. I'd have to say the ww2 soldier story figures are my favorite they just seem to be good value/quality although DAM were catching up. DID seem to have the best range of ww2 figures especially german but they cut a few corners for my liking. My two Aussie figures are also pretty good (not the best quality but try finding any other figures in dpcu or dpdu camo). Does amaze me how they make such detailed pieces so tiny

?

Not sculptured on the real Amon Goeth ofcourse , you have to appreciate the artistry behind these figures and not the historic barbarism of the character he was portraying. Totally separate things altogether. Ralph was only playing a movie role ofcourse. He was a fine actor in the movie too. One of my favorite films. Ofcourse if we all thought about DID-3R figures in that way then nobody would collect them. As my Adolf Sturmabteilung figure and Himmler figures are 2 of my favorites , purely due to how lifelike they are. Really nice collectables.

?

best of craigslist: my little nazi dolls (pics)

I hope this isn't one of our forum members!

?

Quote by Erno View Post

I don't really know what Craig's list is but that was amusing

?

Quote by Erno View Post

That is certainly different (lol) it's not me i can assure you . However i wish i could pick up those ss figures for 40 dollars , they are at least triple that now. Mind you i suppose he probably kit bashed them which works out a lot cheaper buying the basic figure first and then the clothing etc rather than buying the boxed figures. Very Amusing to read that page. Cheers for posting Erno

?

Quote by Alex W View Post
    I don't really know what Craig's list is but that was amusing
    I like it too! I've known about it for a while, but never posted the link here.

Craigslist is a website for posting classified ads. Some people use it for other stuff, like this strange ad.

I have a few of these as well as a couple other manufacturers. Most are still in the boxes.
    Ralph.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Nice collection , i'll get my horrible old fashioned digital camera out tomorrow and see if i can take some decent-ish pics of my boxed figures too.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast