Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Do any of you like to wear parts of your collection?

Article about: im with dean on this one ,i wear my bw jacket when the weather dictates ,and i always try on new headgear when it arrives before i put them on the shelf apart from the rusting relics though0

Default Re: Do any of you like to wear parts of your collection?

Quote by AMTG View Post
    I wore my great uncles Heer buckle on a repro leather belt to keep my cam pants up in Iraq a few times on patrol....my uniform coat covered the area so it wasn't visible to all.....I was even able to attach my leg holster to the belt.....I also had Heer M43 that I wore off duty or out in the desert......that whole desert fox feel.....by coincidence we were also wearing the desert rat patch at the time!
    I also enjoy wearing a reproduction M43 on the colder days. though, mine is the wool one as opposed to the Desert one you probably wear...

Also I think everyone takes some sort of hidden pleasure trying on ever helmet or hat they receive out of the box

I've got an old Vietnam era boonie hat I wear somtimes while out doing
    yard work. Other than that---many many years ago, I used to be a part
    of the Renaissance Festival and the sword I used was a 130 year old
    Masonic Lodge sword.

Sorry-No pictures of me in costume
    Attached Images Attached Images
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Anyone wear reproduction gear? I sometimes buy cheap reproductions, like say a m42 jump jacket, where a real one would be to rare or expensive.

I used to elicit both smiles and stares from my neighbors in Germany as a kid, with Stahlhelm, Italian Camo Jacket (Mom shortened it for me), and assorted Wehrmacht gear as I played "WWII" with my friends...You could get away with so much in the 70's as a kid, lol....
    cheers, Glenn

not as a rule.

- - Updated - -

not as a rule.

stupid computer.

?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    I used to elicit both smiles and stares from my neighbors in Germany as a kid, with Stahlhelm, Italian Camo Jacket (Mom shortened it for me), and assorted Wehrmacht gear as I played "WWII" with my friends...You could get away with so much in the 70's as a kid, lol....
    cheers, Glenn
    Wel THAT would not barge well today

Regards, Lars

?

I can't see why anyone would want to wear their genuine wartime collectables. Re-enactors are well catered for without having to wear genuine pieces of uniform.

I must admit to being a wearer of the Flecktarn camouflage while shooting. It is damn good and blends in well with most backgrounds.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Having been in the service for years, I dont usually wear any military items - whether they be camo or not, new or old.
    Dont really know why, guess I just had enough wearing uniform related items (the exception being a pair of tan heavy duty desert boots, but they look like any quality boot on the civilian market).
    I have no problem with others wearing uniforms or uniforms items of course. Why shouldnt they (especially on a dig) - as uniform jackets and trousers are often cheap, easily obtainable and hard wearing.

Quote by Datrus View Post
    I do not wear items from my collection, but i of course always put on a cap or helmet when it have arrived in the mail. On battlefield excavations i always wear my first dug up Luftwaffe relic buckle as a good luck charm. It still works after some 70 yrs in the ground!

Regards, Lars
    Most excellent homage to your first dig, Lars.
    I like the idea of you wearing the first buckle you found.
    (pics or it didnt happen!).

When I was tour guiding I always wore Australian army shirts, they are long sleeved good quality cotton shirts that are surprisingly cool on days that can get to 50C + in the desert country of the north west. I found them to be the best, anything else only lasted a couple of months before the sun had deteriorated the fabric to the point of the shirts literally falling apart, the army shirts lasted up to two years.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast