Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Do you have a Doppelganger from the war?

Article about: In all our years of collecting and looking at period photos, has anyone ever run across a photo of "themselves"? Last year I found a few photos that were the spitting image of a re

MAP
    ?

Default Do you have a Doppelganger from the war?

In all our years of collecting and looking at period photos, has anyone ever run across a photo of "themselves"?

Last year I found a few photos that were the spitting image of a relative (and me to a lesser extent)

But just yesterday, I found my true Doppelganger (when I was in my 20's).

Eyes, nose, lips and chin. Too bad we can't tell if he had blonde hair LoL

Now...what did I do with that helmet and uniform? LoL

Do you have a Doppelganger from WW1 or WW2???? If so..please show it.

heimwehr6_113-copia.jpg
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I have not, But I did find one of my Good friend. It was a WW1 German soldier. Down to the handlebar mustouche.

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Hope others post some photos as well.

Here is another one. The soldier on the right. A very close resemblance to me when I was young(er) but even closer to one of my nephews.

Ryan.jpg

Ryan1.jpg

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

I had this displayed in the guest bedroom in my villa in Bucharest and would tell visitors that it was my grandfather. No one questioned it as the resemblance is definitely there. I did have a German grandfather, but this is not him.

After a minute, I would tell them I was kidding but they would admit that they'd believed me and agree that he resembles me.

20190201_105534.jpg
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

MAP
    ?

Quote by TWS View Post
    I had this displayed in the guest bedroom in my villa in Bucharest and would tell visitors that it was my grandfather. No one questioned it as the resemblance is definitely there. I did have a German grandfather, but this is not him.

After a minute, I would tell them I was kidding but they would admit that they'd believed me and agree that he resembles me.

20190201_105534.jpg
    Thanks Todd...and where did you hide the uniform and side cap to pick up in 2020??? LOL

?

"Il Duce" spitting image of my Grandfather, and I hate to admit it but as the years go on I have morphed into him and Telly Savalas too

TWS
    ?

Side cap is sitting next to the photo in my war room. Still need an enlisted piped collar second pattern wrapper. The only one I have is to a Hauptmann. I'm terrible at Paint 3D, but here's what I could do messing around for five minutes:

DSCN0341.jpg20190201_105534.jpg
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

Even though I disagree everyone tells me I look just like my Great-Grandfather. Here's a picture of him in is uniform sometime in 1942.
    Attached Images Attached Images

MAP
    ?

Keep them coming guys! Great stuff.

Aldo and I are Doppelganger'ed to people / groups we are probably not crazy about (Aldo "Il Duce" and me an SS Polizei)

At least Too and Wally at least have honorable doppelgangers.....