Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Dodgy dealers... Here's a good one for you

Article about: Currently on sale on eBay are several WW1 Brodie helmets being offered by CENTURIONRELICS who are based in Wigan, Lancashire. The first one purports to be MGC and is priced at £225. The seco

Default Dodgy dealers... Here's a good one for you

Currently on sale on eBay are several WW1 Brodie helmets being offered by CENTURIONRELICS who are based in Wigan, Lancashire. The first one purports to be MGC and is priced at £225. The second helmet is badged to the Irish Hussars and is priced at £125...

$_12 (2).jpg$_12.jpg

The second two helmets are being offered by that well-known dealer at SPANDAU MILITARIA (ex UK Militaria Ltd, ex Honeyhole Militaria) of NOTTINGHAM. Now I know for sure that my geography isn't that bad, but Nottingham isn't that close to Wigan. And what are the chances of similar helmets being offered by different dealers? The MGC helmet is (as usual) 50% off and is available for £147.50p. The Irish Hussars helmet is £125.

DSCF9716-171374_298x226.jpg$_12.jpg
    Last edited by HARRY THE MOLE; 03-12-2014 at 12:37 PM.

?

What are the odds

Trying to pass off that yellow paint as 100 years old is ridiculous.

Are you trying to say this man is not to be trusted?

Hi,
    That yellow paint is a crack up lol, anyone has to be some kind of a muppit to think it,s original, oh well good luck to them on selling them lol.
    Dave.

I nearly fell for an SS helmet he was selling a while ago, it took the very experienced eye of a friend to notice the decal was a bad one. We live and learn.

Here's another offering to marvel at. Again, this is on both websites. The helmet is described as... "A re-finished M-40 with good Army double decals. Still has its original lining which is dated 1943." This is a superb example of word-play. Although the helmet is post-war, the description of the liner is absolutely spot-on. It does have its original post-war liner, and it is dated 1943. Nowhere does it say the liner is from 1943. A subtle difference, but one which is well-worth noting. Andy Beal is a crafty sod of old.

$_12.jpg$_14.jpg$_12 (2).jpg$_12 (3).jpg

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I nearly fell for an SS helmet he was selling a while ago, it took the very experienced eye of a friend to notice the decal was a bad one. We live and learn.
    You only have to look at his 50% off prices to know much of his stuff is dodgy. The sad thing is that he really does offer some genuine and rare items from time to time.

?

That yellow paint is indeed remarkably vivid after so many years. Must have had good paint in the trenches back then

?

Those WW1 Lids are a pile of crap.
    Here is what original Paint looks like, the 5th CMR were Ordered to repaint their Helmets on Nov 18, 1918 "With the paint and stencil provided"
    Sorry these are the best photos I could take this morning.

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

PNT 006.jpgPNT 007.jpgPNT 001.jpgPNT 008.jpg