Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Does Anyone have pictures of their relics in their time period?

Article about: Just curious if anyone has pics of their items when they were on the field?? Would be kind of interesting to have an item and a picture of it in its era!! all the best, Stefan

?

Wink Does Anyone have pictures of their relics in their time period?

Just curious if anyone has pics of their items when they were on the field??
    Would be kind of interesting to have an item and a picture of it in its era!!

all the best,
    Stefan

?

Default Re: Does Anyone have pictures of their relics in their time period?

anyone? or is this too rare?

all the best,
    Stefan

?

one last try before i abandon thread.

?

I'm notmsure I understand so exzample I have a Bren you are looking for a pic of that pacific Bren gun I'n use I'n a old photo ?

You can see pictures of relics when they were found in my Digging in Kurland thread, and I can make photos of them like they look now.
    Do you mean that or You want see picture of some item in collection and exact that item in WW2 period photo?
    Last edited by Inf Div 121; 05-24-2011 at 11:18 AM.

Quote by thekid View Post
    Just curious if anyone has pics of their items when they were on the field??
    Would be kind of interesting to have an item and a picture of it in its era!!

all the best,
    Stefan
    I'm not sure if i understood well. If you mean to have a photo of someone wearing the exact same relic (for example a black wound badge) that i have in my collection, that would be impossible.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

I believe Stefan would like to see photos of awards, uniforms etc in use by their original wearer and what they look like now. For example if someone had a portrait shot of someone wearing a visor cap during the war and the exact same visor cap nowadays. I use the visor cap as an example as I've seen this on several occasions.

One I particularly remember is a Luftwaffe portrait showing a young member of aircrew posing in his visor. The photo and cap stayed together, kept by the family I believe until it ended up on the market, a collector bought it, did some research into the name inside the visor and found out the young man was shot down and killed over England. When time permitted, the collector took the cap and photo to the grave of the original wearer in England and took a photo of the portrait, the cap in the portrait on the gravestone of the unfortunate flyer.

Of course, the best chance to see these items are those kept together by the family. A photo album showing photos of awards being worn and the exact same awards kept with the album etc etc....

There is a photo of my Father wearing his RAF sidecap at my parents house, I have his cap at home with me, I'll take a pic this week and post them together.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi Adrian, then these wouldn't be called relics.
    That's a nice story with the grave etc. Do we have the thread here in WRF?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

I believe Stefan would like to see photos of awards, uniforms etc in use by their original wearer and what they look like now. For example if someone had a portrait shot of someone wearing a visor cap during the war and the exact same visor cap nowadays. I use the visor cap as an example as I've seen this on several occasions.

One I particularly remember is a Luftwaffe portrait showing a young member of aircrew posing in his visor. The photo and cap stayed together, kept by the family I believe until it ended up on the market, a collector bought it, did some research into the name inside the visor and found out the young man was shot down and killed over England. When time permitted, the collector took the cap and photo to the grave of the original wearer in England and took a photo of the portrait, the cap in the portrait on the gravestone of the unfortunate flyer.

Of course, the best chance to see these items are those kept together by the family. A photo album showing photos of awards being worn and the exact same awards kept with the album etc etc....

There is a photo of my Father wearing his RAF sidecap at my parents house, I have his cap at home with me, I'll take a pic this week and post them together.
    Yes this is what i meant! sorry it didnt come out the way i wanted to, i was tired when i wrote this. Does any one any pics of their militaria as illustrated by adrian??

all the best
    Stefan