Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Does anyone know what this is?

Article about: Hi guys, This is the last of the items I pulled out of the junk drawer today. I don't remember where or how I got this. I think it might be a reproduction cap badge for the White Star Line,

Default Does anyone know what this is?

Hi guys,

This is the last of the items I pulled out of the junk drawer today. I don't remember where or how I got this. I think it might be a reproduction cap badge for the White Star Line, which is a former obsession of mine.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Mo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ObKrieger; 02-17-2012 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Dumb moment... White Star Line, duh

Default Re: Does anyone know what this is?

Hi Mo, it is a White Star Line cap badge: appears new to me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Mo, it is a White Star Line cap badge: appears new to me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks, Ade. It smells new also. I wonder where I could put this...

There are a lot of bullion items being produced in India these days.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Just for additional info; the museum store of the Titanic Historical Society also offers reproduction White Star Line cap badges; see:

White Star Line Cap Badge [9W96] - $21.95 : Titanic Historical Society, Museum Store

Those on sale from the THS appear to be somewhat closer to the originals than the above example, but still not quite accurate. Notice, for example, the differences in the crown when compared to this period photo of Captain Smith:

EJ_Smith.jpg

By the way: This year will see the 100th anniversary of RMS Titanic's sinking.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Just for additional info; the museum store of the Titanic Historical Society also offers reproduction White Star Line cap badges; see:

White Star Line Cap Badge [9W96] - $21.95 : Titanic Historical Society, Museum Store

Those on sale from the THS appear to be somewhat closer to the originals than the above example, but still not quite accurate. Notice, for example, the differences in the crown when compared to this period photo of Captain Smith:

EJ_Smith.jpg

By the way: This year will see the 100th anniversary of RMS Titanic's sinking.
    Thanks for the post! Yes, the Titanic used to be my 'WWII'. I read about it all the time, built models, etc. Like you, Commander Charles Lightoller is also one of my heroes.

I will put this badge next to my model.