MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Dosimeter for free!!

Article about: Hi there,i used to be in the ROYAL OBSERVER CORPS and we used dosimeters to measure personal exposure to radiation whilst outside of the bunker changing the photographic papers in the Ground

?

Default Dosimeter for free!!

Hello Ladies & Gents...I just would like to say a big thank you to Edelweiss123 & Spitace for giving me this Dosimeter for nothing!!not a bean...Now it may not seem a lot a watch that doesn't really do anything...But to me it was a little blast from the past!! So to be offered 1 free & with no strings I thought that was very nice of Edelweiss & Spitace......So I have attached a picture of a dosimeter out of a packet so you all know what I rambling on about??..I have kept the 1 sent still in it's packet....So there are still some nice people still breathing on this planet!!!!! Thank you again Terry. [ATTACH=CONFIG ]479553[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Dosimeter for free!!

Glad you liked it

?

I haven't seen it up close because I work 3800 miles away..but the wife "Aly" showed me on Skype...So thank you again very nice of you & your other half!!!!.. Cheers Terry.

Top man!.....

I've got to ask, how exactly do they work? I know they're used to measure a persons exposure to radiation aren't they?

?

Paul Edelweiss is a woman!!! lol.... Cheers Terry...

Quote by Tango View Post
    Paul Edelweiss is a woman!!! lol.... Cheers Terry...
    Bugger i'm having one of those days, sorry Edelweiss

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Bugger i'm having one of those days, sorry Edelweiss
    No problem

I should say top woman!.......

?

V what you would do if I remember right???..You wear this over your NBC suit sleeve..& do nothing at all..until you were pulled back to the rear of the lines... where there would be some one with a bit of kit for reading Dosimeters..it would tell them how much rads you have been exposed too..After that would be anybody guess!!!..I always thought if you were exposed to too much rads it was the scrap heap for you!!!! lol. thats all I know I was only 19 at the time..too busy thinking of more important things!!! like drinking beer & making shapes to Rick Ashley lol.. Cheers Terry.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast