Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Dug op medalls Halbe pocket

Article about: Hello dear forum members, About 10 years ago I have bought some ground dug finds from a guy who has found them near Halbe in a large pit where a lot of German ordnance was found in. As you p

Default Dug op medalls Halbe pocket

Hello dear forum members,

About 10 years ago I have bought some ground dug finds from a guy who has found them near Halbe in a large pit where a lot of German ordnance was found in. As you probably know the 9th army was destroyed at Halbe, and only a couple of thousand troops could escape because of the help of the 12th army.

The set contains of a RAD belt buckle (poor guy), a wound badge, a nahkampfspange, a panzerabzeichen, a sturmabzeichen and a cocarde.

The only thing that I can not identify is a medal with a large five at the front and on the back two shaking hands and the remnant of a tekst: und ...... STA.....

Does anyone know what medal this could be??

Many thanks for all the great expertise on this forum guys!!! It Bodemvondst 3.jpgBodemvondst 1.jpgBodemvondst 2.jpgis realy helpful.

Greetings,

Leen

?

Could it be the 1934 Saar tinnie?

Dear Sensei,

Thanks for your reply. I do not think it is a Saar 1934 tinnie. Because it does not have a large 5 on the front. Also mine is not stamped or hollow. Both do have in common that there are shaking hands on it.

Leen

?

Ye i realised after, it's probably not the saar tinnie.

?

Could it be the remains of an east german 5 yr activists award, only award I can think of with a 5 on the front and that General shape.cheers paul

?

It is indeed a DDR award, Aktivist 5 Jahresplan if I am correct. Here are two pictures of the front and reverse:

Abzeichen-DDR-Aktivist-der-DDR-1951-5-Jahresplan-Orden.jpgDDR-Orden-Aktivist-5-Jahresplan-ca-1953-_1.jpg

Regards, Rik

Wow Hdpp33 and Dschop. You`re information is solving my mystery. Many thanks. I do wonder how it ended up in a large pit at the location of the Halbe pocket. Perhaps the DDR soldier was cleaning up al the left over junk from WW2 and lost his medal in the process.

Thanks again,

Leen