Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Early or late WWII items?

Article about: I prefer the earlier items, not to say I won't buy later items though! I like the wear they usually show and prefer things to show some age. I started collecting knowing that I was holding s

Default Early or late WWII items?

Hello i started this thread because i wanted to know which items you like the most
    i prefer buying early to mid war items (1943 is a bit late for me :P) for many reasons ( better material, seen more action ) etc.
    Also do you like a mint condition or a "been there" item?
    Last edited by Jerry B; 02-22-2014 at 11:28 PM.

Interesting question... I guess I like items from all stages of ww2 --- but I might be tending towards early-mid (whatever that really means). "Mint" has never really been for me but since I started collecting enamel pins, mainly NSDAP, I've gradually grown myself a rule that if it was to be worn hard, as in combat etc., I prefer items to be towards the "salty" side --- preferably untouched --- In the case of items what were made as decorations, as in to be worn with pride and taken care of, I try to look for the best condition possible.

Rules are meant to be bent and broken though but those above seem to have become my general guidelines.

Hey greek mil, well for me im a dagger/sword man so prefer the earlier items because of the quality metals used.
    I do have a later SS sword, but ideally I would prefer a early one but you cant have everything....right
    I find the earlier the item the harder to find in mint condition so even if I wanted mint I wouldn't find it anyway.
    So I settle somewhere in the middle.
    great thread, and great question though.
    best matty

Early, mid or late i'll buy 'em all and to be honest prefer them to be a bit "salty"!...
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

Hehe thanks for your kind words

I also like salty items
    I don't like mint items that much

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Early, mid or late i'll buy 'em all and to be honest prefer them to be a bit "salty"!...
    I can add no more to what Paul has stated above.

Regards Mark
    Always on the look out for WW II Canadian Helmets and Cam nets to add to my collection.

Found a Canadian Mk II Medics Helmet and yes I know they are about as rare as hens teeth !!!!!

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    I can add no more to what Paul has stated above.

Regards Mark
    hehe :P

?

Ok maybe a little more field worn with a nice used patina

Regards Mark
    Always on the look out for WW II Canadian Helmets and Cam nets to add to my collection.

Found a Canadian Mk II Medics Helmet and yes I know they are about as rare as hens teeth !!!!!

Early. Mid. Late. I like it all! And I love items with that "Been There" look. Like my new gas mask, and canister!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice canister!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast