Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ebay advice, BGS item

Article about: Hello People! Wanted some advice regarding a BGS helmet won on ebay. Won item, paid immediately, UK seller has good feedback. No movement for 9 days when seller writes to me to say his fathe

Default Ebay advice, BGS item

Hello People!

Wanted some advice regarding a BGS helmet won on ebay.

Won item, paid immediately, UK seller has good feedback. No movement for 9 days when seller writes to me to say his father is ill and he will not send item for another 20 days. No apology for late communication, or for incredibly late delivery date unilaterally decided. The ebay estimated delivery date was 5 days after purchase.

So I write back and say something along the lines of why didn't you communicate earlier and that option is not convenient as I will be away at that time.

Reply comes saying that my needs take a backseat to the needs of his dying father, 'take your money back you don't like it and never bid on my items again'.

So write back saying sorry about your father, send at your leisure but we will need to fix a new address.

Many days later no reply, and I am worried that changing the address won't be a good idea because that's not how ebay works , but that is irrelevant as no communication from seller anyway.

So far, no good. Please share your opinions, I would appreciate the help.

Personally I would file a claim with eBay and look for a refund. Changing the terms of the sale on your end, change of address, is not something I would risk with this seller at this point. Look to make yourself whole financially and write-off the inconvenience he's caused.

These days the feedback rating is something to be taken with a grain of salt. This seller's true merit has shown itself.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Thanks Aurelius, some good common sense from the US.