Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

ebay german relic M40

Article about: hiya guys if any of you guys are thinking about buying this relic M40 off ebay click here because of the info the seller has provided please read this thread first before doing so to get the

Default Re: ebay german relic M40

Quote by NickD View Post
    that's because apparently the person i sold them to couldn't remembered where i had said i got these from & also seems to have also forgotten what condition they were in when i had them so instead of checking with me first to remind him of their origins he just told these sellers i got them from france which ive never claimed ?????
    You may have seen my thread on the Fj helmet which I sold at an arms-fair with a totally honest diecription. I am doing my best to stop the seller making a killing with his false description about it, but there is no more I can do. I was horrified when I was tipped off about it being on e-bay.

The only way to stop this kind of thing is to stop the sale and ownership of ANYTHING that has been 'restored' a bit. And that kind of draconial measure could never happen. There is probably more stuff in circulation that has been put in a more acceptable condition than the totally genuine stuff. Some of us are realists over this subject -and are prepared to accept such items. As long as we pass them on, stating what they are - with an honest description, we are doing nothing wrong. The onus is on the new owner to be just as honest when they sell it.

Harry.

?

respect nick its amazing what these assholes will do

?

its becoming very frustrating as it seems with every one of the lids i had come up the more elaborate the story behind the item becomes but im guessing no one will be fool enough to pay that sort of money for the latest one to make its appearance & im deeply disappointed in the person i sold them to after all the complaining he's done about this exact same thing think i would rather see my collection destroyed then let this happen again

Hi Nick
    Don,t let it get to you.You know you have done nothing wrong. I pity the young and inexperienced people that these p....ks
    prey on.

?

hiya mate

i know i shouldn't as i know i sold them on with the knowledge the buyer knew all about their history as he was a member of this forum & watched & followed the whole process these went through & they were then again posted on another forum he's a member of with the whole story behind them & yet he's still willing to let this sort of thing happen

i just hope enough collectors read this thread to spread the word about all this

Harry, I remember your FJ helmet, has it sold yet ?

Hey Nick,

Is this the same seller as in your first report, or is this the
    'second-time-around' for this helmet on E-bay ?
    Regards,

Steve.

?

hiya Steve

its a different seller mate.

Quote by NickD View Post
    hiya Steve

its a different seller mate.
    That lid is really making the rounds ....... !

It's amazing that you have been able to track it through two sales,
    and that we can see this too !

I wonder if the price has gone up each time as it gets traded ?
    Regards,

Steve.

?

theres still one more to crop up that im keeping an eye out for as i had a relic M35, M40 & an M42 & so far the M42 hasn't made an appearance yet so im just waiting to see if it does & what kinda bull crap story that one will have maybe found in Hitlers bunker

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast