Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Elvis and June

Article about: Hi, I have just been watching a programme on sky called Elvis and June. Basically about Elvis Presley and one of his first girlfriends. It showed him and a group of friends out on a fishing

Default Elvis and June

Hi,
    I have just been watching a programme on sky called Elvis and June. Basically about Elvis Presley and one of his first girlfriends. It showed him and a group of friends out on a fishing trip in 1956 I think it was. The chap who organised the trip for Elvis brought along some hats he had brought back from the war for Elvis and his friends to shade them from the sun. Well I could have fallen off my chair, there were 6 or seven of them sat on the fishing boat wearing German Officers peaked caps. Even if you don't like Elvis, then its still worth watching just to see the caps.
    All the best from Jersey.
    D.

Thank yuh, thank yuh very much uugh huugh!...

Very good I like that...... almost as much as the film footage. I still have a silly grin on my face after watching it a hour or two ago. It was just a totally out of the blue bit of film.
    D.

The programme was on Sky 130, not sure if its to be repeated but certainly worth a look. I did get a picture off the tv... not such a good shot but least you see the King in a cap.
    D.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hats off to the Koenig !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    Even if you don't like Elvis, then its still worth watching just to see the caps.

Who doesnt like The King!

Here a few snaps from my visit at Graceland.

Would be interesting to know the background of how the owner obtained the visors.

The chap on the programme, who took the cine film said he just brought them back from ww.2 as souvenirs, as did many thousands of other US troops.

?

I'm pretty sure it's a TENO Officers cap he's wearing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Certainly looks like it could be.
    D.