Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

End of the world... What if?

Article about: "go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over" shaun of the dead2.jpg For those who don't know what I'm on about, watch Shaun of the Dead and

Default End of the world... What if?

I just finished watching two post apocalyptic movies, "The Road" and "The Book of Eli". The Road portrayed living in a post apocalyptic world much more realistically than The Book of Eli. So I started to think, that what if the apocalypse would come now, nuclear war so the sun would be unseen for the next 30 years? I quickly assembled a basic survival kit from my modern militaria that I would have as a base for my survival kit. Have you every toyed around with the idea? Even assembled a small survival package on a boring sunday, just as I did? I came up with the following:

Finnish M/61 gas mask, all I would need is a new functioning filter
    Finnish M/61 gas mask bag, contains at the moment my BW flecktarn parka, but has enough space for much more
    Finnish field canteen
    A small first aid bandage held in place by bands made to keep your pants above your shoes.
    All those fit on the shoulder strap of the bag, but wore around the hip.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: End of the world... What if?

Quote by Poromies View Post
    Finnish M/61 gas mask, all I would need is a new functioning filter
    You would need a 40mm NATO adaptor, or a newer model of mask as 60mm went obsolete a long time ago

Honestly, if there was a nuclear war I reckon that we'd all be dead, or dying because of radiation sickness as theres enough nuclear weapons on the planet to wipe us all out........ and humans are meant to be an inteligent form or life

To be honest, I'd rather a zombie apocalypse...... Theres some people I know that I would like to justify attacking with a crowbar

Thanks

Danny

Thats true

If the sun was blocked for 30 years, plants wouldn't photosynthesise, and therefore I think we'd run out of Oxygen. You'd need a huge supply of functioning gas mask filters too, if the use of one was necessary (and if there was oxygen!). But it would be nice to have an IDEAL post-apocalyptic world, wouldn't it..? Haha

-The Nuclear War poster is something I did as part of a Propaganda Art project, which was fun.

Mat
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

In case of nuclear attack you should bend over put your head between your legs and kiss your a$$ goodby.
    Better yet. Find a goodlooking girl and kiss her a$$ goodby.

Well, now that we got into the nuclear war=all die bandwagon, why not consider the possibility of a zombie apocalypse instead, as GasMasksUK mentioned above?

?

I have watched both the films that you have mentioned and many others as well and there are many things to consider .

-How close are you to the blast zone (do you need to distance your self even further) consider the possibility of fallout and you may want to stock up on potassium Iodide tablets to help combat with radiaton poisoning.
    -If you are close enough to be affected by direct exposure to radiation and or fallout groundwater will be undrinkable any kind of field crop and or fruit will be uneatable livestock and all other animals in the area will be affected as well.
    -You would not only want to distance your self from the area of the blast and or direct fallout area but you would want to distance your self from any large metropolitan area as the food and water would run out quick.
    -As well there is the human factor you would have to deal with and in my eyes security would be a huge problem with the break down of society.
    -I have thought about this subject from time to time and we have a fairly good survival kit established already as we live in an active earthquake zone and are close enough to the ocean to be directly effected by tsunamis.
    -Your bug out bag should consist of enough suppies to see you through 72 hours food,water,water purifier,food hi carbs,medical supplies , I as well would not leave home with out some means of self defence .

There is much to talk about and many things that could be debated here .

Regards Mark K

Quote by Poromies View Post
    Well, now that we got into the nuclear war=all die bandwagon, why not consider the possibility of a zombie apocalypse instead, as GasMasksUK mentioned above?
    I have my Mosin Nagant rifle with bayonet... It's deactivated, but the bayonet definitely still works!

In the event of such, if me and my friends could just lock ourselves into a large Supermarket, I think we'd live out the rest of our lives quite contently!

Mat

?

I myself would pay a quick visit to supermarkets and pharmacies and then as the saying goes ( get the hell out of Dodge) and distance my self from the urban areas as quick as I could .

Regards Mark K

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    I as well would not leave home with out some means of self defence
    hmmm i think ill grab that 40mm in the armoury just up the road and a wmik then maybe join you guys who would prefer a pub making sure the pub was fully stocked with good ol becks :P and wait it out there (making sure there was a nice lass on the other side of the counter first though)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast