MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Equality.

Article about: by Adrian Dear All, Please can I take this opportunity to remind everyone that whilst you are participating on this forum to conduct yourselves in a manner which is understanding and toleran

Default Re: Equality.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Dear All,
    Please can I take this opportunity to remind everyone that whilst you are participating on this forum to conduct yourselves in a manner which is understanding and tolerant to all other members. We all come from different walks of life, have different educations and backgrounds. There is no 'standard' when it comes to individuals and therefore everyone should be and will be treated with equal consideration and respect. Anyone found to be treating others with a lack of respect and understanding will quickly find themselves unwelcome.
    Acting with arrogance and superiority over other members is unacceptable. This forum is one of the most friendly places to discuss our hobby and that is down to the membership and the way in which we conduct ourselves.
    There have been instances of late which are not in the spirit of the forum where members have been acting above their station and with an air of superiority, conceit and condescension towards others. This will not be allowed to continue. It is rude, intimidating and very uncomfortable to fellow forum users.
    As per the title of this thread, everyone here is equal no matter what their education standard is, their way of life, job, house etc. These things are not to brought into the forum as self perceived status symbols and will be left at the door when you log on.
    Please take note of the above and if you think you might fit any of the adjectives I've mentioned please stop and think before you type.
    Thank You.
    Well said Adrian.
    An unfortunate, sometimes necessary thread.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Excellent point and a great shame that such a message is needed to be said. This is a wonderful site- we Really need to Keep it that way. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

It maybe that some members need to do more than play lip service to the sentiments expressed here.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

As everyone said, a good reminder you "Idiots" HAHaha, I didn't mean the last part, just stating a point
    Thank you guys for all your help and advice!

I was dealing with this problem a few days ago...It really has one thinking twice about posting. Few things are more irritating than a condescending, rude, arrogant know-it-all.
    This hobby has plenty.

Many forums have been ruined by know-it-alls trying to dictate to others what they should and shouldn't collect. Even going as far as belittling items they put on this website. We don't all have bottomless pits of money to spend on militaria. I have had my run-ins in the past with users of this website who really should know better. Their arrogance is beyond belief at times. Sadly, it will no doubt happen again. Repeat offenders should be banned from the website.

I've notice a few people on here getting a bit short tempered with each other in the last few days, the old saying says "politeness costs nothing". Lets just agree to disagree!....

égalité, fraternité

Good point and well taken one thing I like about this forum is everybody seems equal and there is no "bowing to the Alter" of just a few wealthy collectors with superior attitudes we all have what we can afford wheather is is the teenager with just a helmet or the old collector with 100. It is all in fun thank you. timothy

Whilst we're on the subject, does it not annoy you when these people come and say real or fake SS helm or dagger, to which some of the more knowledgeable members state it's fake and reasons why, only for the op to turn around and argue well I think it's real! That's a serious annoyance to me lately lol. I can see why some people's patience runs out mind. Well said Adrian!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast