Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Everybody say a prayer.

Article about: Fantastic news! Eric is O.K. He just called me. His house only sustained minor damage, although he does have a riding lawnmower stuck in the top of a tree in his yard. His dad's house was co

Default Re: Everybody say a prayer.

I've been trying to contact Eric's cell since yesterday with negative results. I was in Joplin yesterday, so I know cell service is very spotty. Some cell phones are receiving texts, but no phone calls, so hopefully he will get my text. I do not know what part of the city he lives in. The pictures can't begin to convey the utter devastation. HP's comparision to a war zone is about as close as you can get.

Jay

I have been thinking about Eric a lot since watching the news this past couple of days. I too pray he and his family are OK.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I too send my prayers to Eric and his family and to all those that have been affected by this horrendous disaster

Angry Re: Everybody say a prayer.

gee wiz, what a nightmare........absolutely horrible for all the folks down there. not to mention the flood victims on the missy too.....

hopefully some one will Hear from him soon....

mother nature can be such a evil c#^! sometimes

I did some back tracking and figured out what part of town Eric lives in. If the address I found is correct, the location of his house would have made the tornado survivable for him. Now I just hope he was at home when the tornado hit. I have to go back to Joplin on Friday, hopefully I can track him down.

?

Well done Jay good to know that you are on the ground there !!

Hopefully we will get an update on Eric very soon and all is well with him and his family.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    I did some back tracking and figured out what part of town Eric lives in. If the address I found is correct, the location of his house would have made the tornado survivable for him. Now I just hope he was at home when the tornado hit. I have to go back to Joplin on Friday, hopefully I can track him down.
    I hope you find him.
    He might be working the temporary morgue they have over at Missouri Southern. He is the kind of guy that would volunteer for duty. He is in the mortuary business. He is a tough dude.
    They have asked people that have no business there not to come around. So I havn't gone up there. There is a nurse that lives across the street that went up there Sunday night. I gave her some extra blood pressure pills, antibiotics and general 1st aid stuff they were asking for on the local news for the triage locations. There is more severe thunder storms on the way from the west for this evening, like that crap is needed. the National guard, Reserves, and rescue folks are looking for folks still trapped in debris and bodies.
    I think I might go up there tomorrow morning at daylight and see if I can lend a hand somehow. Setting on my ass and doing nothing is making me crazy.

Thoughts and prayers to the folks down there.
    Hope Eric is ok..............!
    Regards,

Steve.

Unfortunately, no word from Eric yet. I got deployed from the Kansas City area Steve R. You're a good man volunteering and helping out. If you call the Red Cross, they can certainly use your help. They are getting close to finishing the search for survivors and bringing in more dogs. I got assigned to the hospital perimeter. I sure hope Eric's just busy helping out.

Jay

I gotta say, i havent seen bad images like this in a while, its actually quite shocking.
    Its a war zone.
    I hope Eric is ok.
    I pray for him.
    My thoughts are with people down there.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast