Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

favorite helmet of all time

Article about: Gotta be this one for me, from Vendal and dating from before the Viking period.

Default favorite helmet of all time

hi folks i would just like to gather your collective thoughts on what your favorite design of helmet is i collect a broad range of helmets from different nations so its hard for me to decide and out of my favorite two the US m1 and the german stahlhelm im going to have to say the stahlhelm its not a poll or anything but just a general idea cheers fella's james

Default Re: favorite helmet of all time

I like the German Stahlhem myself. Distinct look, descendant of the WWI helmets. And it is almost recognizable around the world whenever one is seen. A close second is WWI US helmets. The quintessential US helmet.

Definitely the Stahlhelm...I got my first one (M42) when I was 10 and I was the most ecstatic I've ever been over anything...drove my mother insane until she bought it for me.
    Glenn

Stahlhelm also for me, 1916-1945.

It's a beautiful disease that I'm happy to have

Stahlhelm + 1, nothing compares in my opinion

I know they are not rare but I really like the Swiss M18 helmets. They have such a futuristic look about them and IMO are great quality.

For me its the M38 Fallschirmjäger .......way at the top. Then second place goes to the USGI Kevlar PASGT and you know the germans would have loved it

Polish wz.31 for me

Always has and always will the McCord fixed bale front seam m1 helmet with its beautiful classic curved stainless steel rim.also i adore the M16 especially the droop-billed type.regards Dave.

That’s a hard question. The stahlhem to me was the most practical, and well designed for protection.
    But I think the M1 is up there, just for its design, the fact it could be used for other purposes other than head protection.
    Rod

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast