Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A View Few Get To See!

Article about: I was sorting through some photos and came across this one my son took a couple of years ago. Nothing special until you put it into perspective. He took this photo while flying back from San

Default A View Few Get To See!

I was sorting through some photos and came across this one my son took a couple of years ago. Nothing special until you put it into perspective. He took this photo while flying back from San Diego to Riverside, CA as a passenger in a WWII vintage C-53. Not too many people around have looked out the window of a flying C-53 dressed in D Day colors. The second photo is the same plane while taxiing to the runway.

C53_02.jpg

C53_01.jpg

The plane belongs to the CAF wing my son is a cadet member of and he’s had the opportunity to fly in her a half dozen times or so. They plane is named “D Day Doll” and it is my understanding that one of her missions included participated in the air drops on D Day.

Default Re: A View Few Get To See!

WOW!!!! very lucky just brilliant

Lucky guy

A Dakota, as we Brits called them, keeps flying over our house during the airshow season and I always wish I was in it !!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Yes, I do feel he is lucky to be where he is, with his love for aviation and all. He goes to school at a Charter school, located on one of the most well known airports in the Experimental Aircraft community, is around historic and vintage aircraft every day. His involment with the local CAF, at our other local airport, has him around a large group of very knowledgeable folks, in the aviation community, many of which are wartime vets. He's flown in some very cool aircraft, for a kid his age.