Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

A few things.

Article about: It will be interesting to see if any of the negative "pot stirrers" have the intestinal fortitude to post on this thread. For those who collect relics, do you close your eyes to wh

Hi Steve (Harry),

It's my opinion that the difference between defaming someone's character and questioning their behaviour has been rather blurred to put it mildly, both here and elsewhere. And I must say I firmly believe that anyone wth a genuine grieveance should be heard without let or hindrance, without fear of censure or the threat of banishment. That is the way of the British, freedom of speech, fairplay and a limited government over all, and we gave it to the rest of the free world. That is what I believe in. All things must be accountable, but to accept the way of some of the people who have vented their spleens by disabusing the forum and some of it's members not only here, but elswhere is going down a rocky path that will lead to a further erosion of this forum's friendly and knowledable atmosphere and it's standing amongst others. I don't want to see that happen, as I know neither do you or the vast majority of the membership here.

Thanks for you're input, it was fair and I agree with most of it concerning this matter.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I would just like to add my public thanks to Adrian for this statement.

I have a lot on my plate at the moment. I have my three year old Grandson in hospital recovering from a major open heart surgery. I have only just got back from visiting him. He is doing well. But you will understand where my priorities are in life at present. I feel emotionaly drained and this affair is something I do not need.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

My thoughts are with your Grandson Ade, good luck with everything. My son is also three.

Hi, I am just a thick Brit and have followed this thread more out of interest than conviction. I do not know any of the personalities involved but would like to say, I have been on this forum for about a year, it is the only forum that I bother with and I think that it is brilliant! Further, I think that the vast majority of the comments that I have read can only enhance the forum and show what calibre of members, staff and moderators we have in our numbers. This is a bloody good forum and I sincerly hope that it stays this way. May I wish all those involved in this afair in a positive manner, all the best and I hope that the unpleasantness dies away very quickly.
    With very best wishes to those directly affected and to the forum as an entity!!!!!!!!!!!
    Michael Ryan.

?

Mr. Stevenson, I wish the best for your grandson.

Personally, I agree that anyone making threats or harassing members here should be blackballed. There's no excuse for that.

God bless your grandson and your family, Ade. Family first, always.

Adrian, I'm sorry you have received hate mail and it was uncalled for. Those guilty of it should be reprimanded to whatever extent is necessary and this sort of behavior is not becoming of a WRF member. I agree with Ned and the necessity to deal with those parties appropriately. I don't know who posted what, but there's no need to know as WRF was not involved (directly) with this show and those who thought it was, were wrong. If they aren't happy here, they should move along and be left to do so.

Ned, while I agree with your thoughts to oust the persons involved, I cannot agree to publicly name them. It will only provide them with more fuel.

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

It seems a shame, indeed, that the canceled show could not have been presented like we have seen our Forum member Maxim in his Northern Karelia diggings. Yes, bones aplenty there have been found as well, but there was no making faces at skulls or foolishness being exhibited, and many men from both sides of the field have found decent burial and are now hopefully at rest as are their families. But, in typical Media fashion, the NG team just Had to focus and aim the cameras on the most controversial and flamboyant character in the group and he did not fail them or their expectations with crass behavior. And so, what should have been an interesting and informative show for the World to learn about the Diggers and their work is now lost. That one despised person who is not even a member here should be responsible for So much discord and damage is simply amazing.

As for death threats? Are there no laws against this sort of thing? I know people feel anonymous and safely masked on the internet, but there are ways to trace these threats back, I would think. If they had sent the same threat to a head of state, there would be men at their door that same day. These people have crossed the line between being personally upset with something and committing a crime, and I hope that the appropriate authorities are seriously looking into these messages. And calling Adrian names? Whyever for?? Adrian has just undergone a very traumatic injury and is still trying to recover, and yet he Still finds time to give the the Forum here. For this he gets called names?? I've not always agreed with every single decision every Moderator has ever made here, but to send them messages like this with expletives and name calling, I would have thought that such a thing would have resulted in an Instant response of being banned from here-whether it be a 1 post newby or a LifeMember. Are we children or adults? Adults address the problems they see and abide by the resulting decision-whether it is for or against their viewpoint. Children resort to absurd name calling. A shame, indeed, that such behavior is tolerated here. If this is going to be the norm here, a person might as well pull the plug and delete the entire website. We come here to meet and learn and inform others-not to play in a grade school playground.

I hope the best of luck for your little grandson, Ade. Such times are never easy, but, at least, with the procedure, he now has a fighting chance and I certainly hope that he will draw the strength he needs from you and his family to put this behind him and go on the lead a full and good life again. And I do hope that the Forum, as well, will find the needed strength to put this unpleasantness behind it too.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Ade, May I wish your Grandson, your family and yourself all the very best with the problems you are all facing. I hope that the Boy makes a speedy and full recovery. Further, your priorities are where they should be and sod the detractors!!!
    With regards and best wishes Michael Ryan

I haven't seen the program, maybe it is not on tv here? I must be something after reading all this! What are they doing, I read something about digging up remains of soldiers?

Big Ned, I agree with what you are saying. When people step out of line by sending abuse they should be out - no second chance, but no expulsion for complaining! I have been at the receiving end of such behaviour on here before now, and it isn't nice. I have my views on things in the collecting field, and thats all they are - my views. I don't try and force them on others, I just ask that they respect my views even if they do not accept them.

And Adrian, I wish your Grandson a speedy recovery. The last thing you need at the moment is trying to deal with the likes of us having a moan over things which are of little importance when compared to a three year-old child having heart surgery. I trust and hope that his Guardian Angel is watching over him.

Best wishes,
    Steve.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast