Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Film critics are full of sh!t

Article about: I watched this last night DVD Review - Dawn of Evil: Rise of the Reich (2009) | Flickering Myth a very strange but often funny film about Hitler living in a doss house in Vienna.

Default Re: Film critics are full of sh!t

but, Das Boot film or Das Boot series?

Quote by Unionjack View Post
    It's a matter of taste, really.

Some like the shorter theatrical version better because it is more dense and faster paced, but I have always preferred the TV version, which has more time for story development and the characters, i.e. the brilliant actors.

?

Defo TV version.
    Herbert Grönemeyer is a multitalent and it was Prochnow at his best performance.

Quote by Scout View Post
    Herbert Grönemeyer is a multitalent and it was Prochnow at his best performance.
    Totally. Although I must admit I have never been too crazy about Grönemeyer as a musician, even though he is really big here. I really would have liked him to do more acting. As for Prochnow, it's really regrettable that his international career mostly consists of minor supporting roles in big movies (Like The DaVinci Code) and big parts in thoroughly forgettable B-movie stuff (like House of the Dead).

?

You know, I dont have oceans of contemporary German music, but I really like the lyrics and the sound of HG's album 'Mensch.'
    Agreed about Prochnow; he gets wheeled out, when they need a slightly suspicious looking persona. Too bad, as he showed, that there was so much more to him in 'Das Boot' (I would have said, that he has 'depth,' but then I'll just catch some more flak, LOL). I guess, thats his price to pay for doing Hollywood movies.

?

Seems you all been missing one of the best movies made. It's not the actor's ( these are the real man who fought at arnhem). Not the special effects ( arnhem was still in ruins). Not the props ( the tiger stands in the same place as where it was destroyed......It's just the real thing.
    http://archive.org/details/TheirsIsTheGlory1946.

enjoy...

?

Quote by macket View Post
    Seems you all been missing one of the best movies made. It's not the actor's ( these are the real man who fought at arnhem). Not the special effects ( arnhem was still in ruins). Not the props ( the tiger stands in the same place as where it was destroyed......It's just the real thing.
    http://archive.org/details/TheirsIsTheGlory1946.

enjoy...
    Seems you didnt do your homework

The movie 'Theirs is the Glory' has been mentioned countless times on this forum.

This thread is but one of many threads about the subject (war movies), which turn up at regular intervals under a variation of names.

This is but one of them with TITG mentioned. But as Ned says in the link below to another forum member, you didnt look too hard, did you
    Best War film?

A simple search using the forum search function reveals all.

Quote by Unionjack View Post
    TV version for me, how the hell did i forget about Downfall a superb flim, as said above watch it with subtitles non of that dubbed rubbish!
    Also has anybody seen The Star? i thought it was pretty good!...
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0326450/

I have watched the Star many times.

I was lucky enough to know a few of the Vets who appeared in Theirs is the Glory.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Anybody seen The Big Lift? http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0042249/ an interesting film in a few ways, Apart from a few actors all military personnel in the film were actual members of the US military on duty in Germany at the time, All the scenes set in Berlin were actually fimed there and showed the devastation caused by allied air raids and the battle of Berlin. In one scene you can see the Zoo flak tower in a state of partial collapse. Filmed in 1949 and released in 1950.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast