Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Film critics are full of sh!t

Article about: I watched this last night DVD Review - Dawn of Evil: Rise of the Reich (2009) | Flickering Myth a very strange but often funny film about Hitler living in a doss house in Vienna.

Default Re: Film critics are full of sh!t

I watched this last night DVD Review - Dawn of Evil: Rise of the Reich (2009) | Flickering Myth a very strange but often funny film about Hitler living in a doss house in Vienna.

?

Try Iron Sky. Nazis on the moon......how bad can it be? Answer-Really bad.

Belyy tigr (2012) - IMDb Do your selves a favour and do not watch White Tiger, i've just wasted nearly 2 hours of my life.
    The Russians must have emptied their museums to make this as the vehicles featured are Panzer 4, T34/76, T34/85, BT7, SU85/100, SU152, M3 Lee, Matilda 2 and a very dodgy looking Tiger which looks like it was built on a joseph Stalin chassis, sounding good? no it's utter garbage there's no plot as such and so far fetched it makes Iron Sky look like a documentary.AVOID!!!

Quote by visor View Post
    Try Iron Sky. Nazis on the moon......how bad can it be? Answer-Really bad.
    Then you'll be pleased to know that planning is underway for a prequel AND a sequel movie!

Plus the director's cut (extra 20 min) is out now from what I understand.

?

Iron Sky - what a stinker.

Don't be so miserable, it was a hoot!

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I bought My Way on Blu-Ray and watched it last week; an impressive work indeed.

This is the most expensive South Korean film ever made and every single won spent for the budget can be seen on the screen, with an epic story taking us from Korea via the Mongolian border and the Ural mountains to Normandy and through three huge battle sequences that are up there with Saving Private Ryan's beach landing sequence in terms of scope and gritty realism.

Its an emotional and visual rollercoaster ride, too, with its many graphic moments of war's blood, carnage and horror alternating with beautiful, breathtaking vistas and a fascinating character arc for the Japanese main character, Tatsuo.

Some more info (including spoilers) and a trailer can be found here:
    Korean Class Massive: Film Reviews: My Way
    You've convinced me. Time to find it...

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Don't be so miserable, it was a hoot!
    You are easy to please then
    Iron Sky was an utter POS and a complete waste of my time (just MY opinion - obviously not yours).
    As I said on pg 10 in this thread (BTW check my post there for a good laugh), I was ready for a good parody and actually looked forward to a movie held in a light vein and which hopefully would overcome its meager budget.
    How ever, it turned out to be almost embarrasingly bad. Characters thin and clearly a movie even the actors didnt believe in.
    Poor Udo Kier again wheeled out to play a parody of himself in a role acted out a nauseating number of times as the psychotic bad guy and in order to draw in the unsuspecting marks to see the 'movie.'
    Iron Sky is clearly meant as a parody of earlier nazi movies, where the bad guys yearn for a 'Fourth Reich,' but instead of a well made parody, it ends up being a complete joke and not even a well executed joke at that. Fizzling out half way through the movie, it doesnt even have a punchline.
    The movie was hyped to the max prior to showing in movie theatres, but as it turns out, the interesting parts of the movie was basically shown in the teasers for the movie. The rest of the movie is just passing time, so the producers could actually call it a movie. This stillbirth of a movie should have been consigned to the scrap heap of movie history and would have been better off by just have been constrained to being just the two minutes of the teaser trailer. Some movie people make trailers for fantasy movies (movies which will never be) and Iron Sky would have been better off having been just such an action packed two minutes of a fantasy movie trailer experiment - at least that way, those of us who know quality war movies would have remembered the trailer fondly. As it is, Iron sky is just a waste of time and money.
    To me, it says a lot abut the taste of the mainstream audience, if this made a considerable amount of money let alone will cause sequels to be made.
    Utter utter toss and to be avoided at all cost.
    How it that for miserable!
    Please dont let my critique relflect back on you and remember, I was ready to actually LIKE the movie, but serioulsy considered walking out half way through the torture.

Yes, mr DeMille, Im ready for that movie critic job now

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    You've convinced me. Time to find it...
    Fantastic Film! Certainly worth getting.

There has been some decent war films recently.
    Anyone seen Fortress of War? Its about the German siege of the Brest Fortress which was housing soviet troops. Some great scenes, and quite realistic, i enjoyed it alot.

Anonyma: A woman in Berlin, is a good film too. About the soviet occupation of Berlin. You can watch the full thing on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_gUVuajkEs

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast