Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Film critics are full of sh!t

Article about: I watched this last night DVD Review - Dawn of Evil: Rise of the Reich (2009) | Flickering Myth a very strange but often funny film about Hitler living in a doss house in Vienna.

Default Re: Film critics are full of sh!t

Similar is, Sea of Sand. L.R.D.G., desert with good cast.

Sam kydd captured at Dunkirk in the war..

Sorry Paschendale had the chance to be very good but so over acted and full of cliches. The final battle is very grim but the script is shocking such as "bring on the war". Very poor......sorry. Don't shoot me down it is a opinion!!
    This clip is from a French film called 'a long engagement'. I have not yet seen it but it looks very realsitic. Another ww1 film is Joyeux Noel about the christmas truce.

Attack on the somme - YouTube

A very long engagemet is good,
    joyeux noel is awful..I don't think there is a redeeming feature of that one, begging your pardon sir.

Would like to see "days of glory"released in 2007 they say the best film since "saving private ryan"anyone seen it?that "company k"looks good Ben based on the authors real experiences on the western front with the CEF marines.regards minnie.

I watched "Into The White" I really loved it!

I strongly recommend "Oorlogswinter" And "Zwartboek" both dutch WW2 movies.
    Watch them with English subtitles and you'll be good.

Days of glory was bad. All about the north africans under french colonial rule. One of the actors has whithered arm for real, he's ok in contemporary films, but in this he spends his whole wartime escapades with his hand in his pocket.
    Great french film about dilema between resistance and collaboration, Lacombe Lucien.

On the movie theme, it’s not really a war movie, but I feel it’s worth a mention, a BBC film in conjunction with HBO, Conspiracy, Kenneth Branagh, I’ve watched it a number of times
    Thought provoking somewhat when I hold SS items in my hand

Quote by davesap250 View Post
    Sorry Paschendale had the chance to be very good but so over acted and full of cliches. The final battle is very grim but the script is shocking such as "bring on the war". Very poor......sorry. Don't shoot me down it is a opinion!!
    This clip is from a French film called 'a long engagement'. I have not yet seen it but it looks very realsitic. Another ww1 film is Joyeux Noel about the christmas truce.

Attack on the somme - YouTube
    That clip from Attack on the Somme looks ok but what it lacks is the absolute fear and terror of the soldiers prior to going over the top. They fixed bayonets and went over as if they didnt have a care in the world! The great Spielberg captures the dread in War Horse brilliantly as he did in SPR

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I agree Nick. The end scene to the Trench comes very close prior to going over the top. The problem with war horse is that it is so fast moving going from story to story and you struggle to keep up. Had a very disney feel about it in some scenes.

Great thread by the way

If you haven't seen the odd angry shot and get the chance to see it, please do. It really is a good film, many years old now but very good for a number of reasons. I'm sure all the Aussies will remember "Jeez I'd love a passiona!"

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast