Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Film critics are full of sh!t

Article about: I watched this last night DVD Review - Dawn of Evil: Rise of the Reich (2009) | Flickering Myth a very strange but often funny film about Hitler living in a doss house in Vienna.

?

Default Film critics are full of sh!t

I don't know about anyone else but I've been severely disappointed by the latest war film releases.
    Spielberg's War Horse was so sugary sentimental it made Black Beauty look like Apocalypse Now.
    Red Tails made Star Wars look like a gritty documentary.
    I fell off the sofa laughing at Battleship.
    And Iron Sky was so bad I only managed 10 minutes before setting fire to the DVD which was more fun than all the previous films combined.

That's when I discovered a film that didn't have posters plasted on every Tube station wall. In fact, if it wasn't for the guy from Harry Potter, I doubt anyone would have ever heard about it.

Anyway, the film is called Cross of Honour or Into the White.
    Into the White (2012) - IMDb

Based (very loosely) on a true story, it's a very enjoyable little film and I highly recommend it.

Unlike the wanker from the Guardian who like most hacks, reverted to the same old cliched descriptions of any subject relating to "Nazis".

He hasn't responded yet to my posts! ;:
    Cross of Honour

The true story is more subtle but no less remarkable and the actual Blackburn Skua can be seen in the Fleet Air Arm Museum:

Blackburn Skua II (L2490)

Default Re: Film critics are full of sh!t

Funny, I loved War Horse, Red Tails and particularly Battleship

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

This one looks well worth a watch, thank you Ben.

As for the cretin, err...I mean critic...well, you said it all when it sounded like "banker".

Regards,

Carl

?

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Funny, I loved War Horse, Red Tails and particularly Battleship

Nick

Perhaps you have a horse, a battleship and a P51 in your back garden?

I enjoyed War Horse, it was a childrens film, what were you expecting ?

?

Hey Ben i watched into the white , it was a good film. I watched the 1975 mini Series The Holocaust which as a kid i thought was excellent for the reproduction of SS uniforms but on watching it the other day after all this time was mortified at the inaccuracies in it. The guy playing Hurst wearing a Totenkopt insignia upside down on his Tunic made me convulse lol.
    Greg

?

Oh c'mon, War Horse was so sickly sweet and sentimental, even the camera lens was dipped in treakle. Terrible film.

?

I rented Red Tails and thought that it wasn't that bad. I won't watch it twice. Now Battleship ,I watched with a couple of Marine friend's. At first when we read the discription on the case we had our doubts about the flick but by the end we all agreed it was Badass in a sci-fi way!!! And I would watch it again!

There hasn't been any descent war movies lately. I didn't see Battleship because I heard it was so terrible it would make my eyes bleed. The best WWII movie I have seen recently is Winter in Wartime. Worth the watch on a rainy day

?

Battleship is definatly not a WW2 movie. Its a Sci-Fi flick. They just use the Mighty Mo hence the title! Those scene's if you are into Battleships were awesome shot's of the old gunnery tables and the workings of the old Mo.
    I will have to be on the look out for the "Cross of Honour/Into the white". Thanks for the Heads Up!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast