Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

The film industry can't get it right.

Article about: by davesap250 If they make All quiet on the Western Front again I hope they do a proper job on it. I see Peter Jackson has put on hold the re-make of the Dambusters. Apparantly it has a \\$30,

Default Re: The film industry can't get it right.

I missed that one. Only watched it the first time around in the 70's!

One point to bear in mind: FJ wore branch of service waffenfarbe. An FJ Pioneer would wear black tabs....
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I missed that one. Only watched it the first time around in the 70's!

One point to bear in mind: Fallschirmjager wore branch of service waffenfarbe. An Fallschirmjager Pioneer would wear black tabs....
    But you were right Ade they are dark green tabs not black.

The FJ did not serve at Stalingrad though? They were only on the Eastern Front for a short time ?

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    The FJ did not serve at Stalingrad though? They were only on the Eastern Front for a short time ?
    I think you're right.

I may be wrong

The one Fallschirmjäger unit that participated in the Battle for Stalingrad, and as such totally annihilated, was a company strength unit armed with 2 cm Flak, (5 cm Pak?) and MG's, namely the 4./Fallschirm-FlaMG.Btl. Consisting of 5 officers and 230 NCO's and Jägers, it was under the command of a Hauptmann Maurer. The Battalion was trained at Quedlingburg in the sommer of 1942 and earmarked for an air transport and Sprungeinsatz in the Caucasus. The 4. Kompanie (Maurer) were flown, not to the Kertsch Peninsula as planned, but 500 km north east and landed neqar the river Don. Here it was integrated in Heer formations of the 6. Armee (unknown Division though) heading for Stalingrad. Bu mid-oktober was half of the company strengt KIA and/or wounded as was all the 5 officers. Oberleutnant Kemnitz was heavily wounded. There's no detailed information about the combat deeds and fate of this FJ Kompanie in Stalingrad after November 19, 1942.

Source for this informations has been Hans-Martin Stimpel's "Die deutsche Fallschirmtruppe 1942-1945: Einsätze auf Kriegsschauplätzen im Osten und Westen" (2001).

?

If it's the same guy as in the episode I'm watching now He is decorated up to the hilt but wears a Heer Nahkampfspange in Gold. I don't know if this is possible or if any were awarded to Luftwaffe personnel?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    If it's the same guy as in the episode I'm watching now He is decorated up to the hilt but wears a Heer Nahkampfspange in Gold. I don't know if this is possible or if any were awarded to Luftwaffe personnel?
    That's right it looks like he is wearing a Nahkampfspange in Gold!....

Yes just watched it myself, he is wearing a CCC in gold, and also a Heer FJ Badge

Poor old Kruger !!! haha

Anybody ever watched 08/15? it's a three part film lasting nearly five hours in total, i watched part three last night which is set in 1945, every single German soldier was still wearing knobelbecher boots (not impossible but unlikely) nobody was wearing ankle boots and "retreat gaiters". Yep i know i'm the king of the nit pickers!..

Hi Gunny
    I have never heard of 08/15 is it any good ?

Martin

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast