Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

The film industry can't get it right.

Article about: by davesap250 If they make All quiet on the Western Front again I hope they do a proper job on it. I see Peter Jackson has put on hold the re-make of the Dambusters. Apparantly it has a \\$30,

Default Re: The film industry can't get it right.

U-571!!!!!!!! Enough said!

u-517 what a disgrace, Das Boot all the way.
    Morris

I found U571 thoroughly entertaining.. as a film,.. obviously not as a documentary

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I've got to agree with Nick, I never looked at U571 as a documentary and I loved it for entertainment value. Loads of war films have faults, but aren't most of them fun to watch!

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    I've got to agree with Nick, I never looked at U571 as a documentary and I loved it for entertainment value. Loads of war films have faults, but aren't most of them fun to watch!
    I couldnt agree more mate

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Got to agree with you both on U571, great as a film but not as a doco. Thats the point to a film though, good entitainment but not always right on every aspect.

I'm far more critical when a doco gets something wrong, but as far as films go, keep punching them out and I'll keep watching them! Just to let everyone know how bad my film critic is, I was entertained by "Iron Sky" it was fun!

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    I'm far more critical when a doco gets something wrong, but as far as films go, keep punching them out and I'll keep watching them! Just to let everyone know how bad my film critic is, I was entertained by "Iron Sky" it was fun!
    Me too!.. and Pearl Harbor for me ..sorry but its true

Nick

The flying scenes in Pearl Harbour were great, I loved it!

Dissapointingly I did like Pearl harbour for the flying yes. Didnt have to stick the Doolittle raid on the end but hey it was a good ride. I absolutly love Memphis Belle as well, one of the very best movies for me

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast