MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Finally bit the bullet...

Article about: Thank you so very much, gentlemen!

The Bermuda triangle... Congrats Joe......Wagriff said it best
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Congrats Joe! All the best!

Atta boy joe thats a nice ring and all have fun in italy

Probably one of the best things I ever did in life was marrying my wife. I pretty much had the same plan to propose on a volcano day trip in lanzarote. I was carrying the ring about all day just couldn't get the words out - I don't know why. In the end I did ask, completely balls the romantic side up by standing up and saying 'ive got something for ya'. She said aren't you suppose to get on ur knee and ask me to marry you?
    Silly I was nervous really as id been with her years. Shame thinking back... as I did plan it well, but sadly I balls the job up at the last hurdle.

Best luck matty

ps let us know how you get on

Quote by mattty01 View Post
    Probably one of the best things I ever did in life was marrying my wife.
    Hell, it's the Only good thing I ever did in my life.....Dunno if inflicting myself on someone who deserved far better was a good thing for Her, but it was for Me, I know...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Hell, it's the Only good thing I ever did in my life
    Haha you joined WRF so that's at least two good things you've done in your life

best matty

Thank you for the kind words, gents!

The diamond itself is small, only .61 ct, but it is high on the scale in terms of cut, clarity and is certified. The diamonds on the ring are also conflict free, which was important to Casey. The band itself is white gold and has 54 small diamonds, which really adds to the presentation. The whole ring appraised for $5,100... obviously I didn't pay that much... Still, when I handed over payment, I thought about all the militaria that money could have purchased...

I know the diamond isn't huge, but as a whole it's a beautiful ring without being too gaudy. The quality of the center diamond was most important to me. I think this is exactly what Casey wants.

Good lad!

Quality counts-size doesn't! .61 is a fine size for an betrothal ring! My own mother and grandmother had .25's! And the setting is excellent for it-impressive but not drekky! I like the white gold too-always classy. Good choice and well done!(yes, I've always been into "stones". My own poor little wife wears a dark green Emerald in her ring!)

A man needs a woman in their life to balance them out. Even the ancient Norsemen knew this. They are the calming reasoning factor in our lives that keep us from doing impulsive or stupid things, and we and the World around us are far the better for it. They are our Partners with whom we face life together. Stay by her and stand for her through life's sunny days and when the skies go dark. They join our families and take our names and if we are lucky indeed, they grant us the immortality of children. They put themselves into our care and our concerns and at the end of life's day, we find out that this was not a bad thing at all.

Congrads, Joe. You did good.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thank you, William, I appreciate it.

It certainly was a nerve-racking experience. My best friend decided to take me out for a cigar while they put together the ring for me. It was nice to have him there by my side.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast