Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"Flames of War": any one build and play?

Article about: Hi Guys, anyone else here play? Lez and I purchased this wargame for our Grandson Connor for Xmas. We got him this set: http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=3413 He is staying with u

Default "Flames of War": any one build and play?

Hi Guys, anyone else here play?

Lez and I purchased this wargame for our Grandson Connor for Xmas. We got him this set:

http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=3413

He is staying with us for a few days.

Xmas money is now being spent to expand the forces, this includes Grandad's Xmas money I have decided to buy Eastern Front themed vehicles. Bought:

Elephant SP gun
    Half track with Quad Flak mount
    Panther
    Panzer IV

T34/76 (41 and 42 versions)
    T34/85

Lez has also got in on the act with a Churchill Crocodile

The vehicles are really nicely detailed and are white metal/resin kits.

So we are now off to buy paints and I am dusting off my old airbrush.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: "Flames of War": any one build and play?

Looks very cool Ade! I used to do the warhammer stuff, this looks like fun. I might have to invest in a few of these

Tonight we have sprayed the Shermans and Churchill tanks.

US PIR are now in OD paint. Connor is still up painting the faces.

We hit the model shop again this morning and Grandad now has a Coy of Soviet Infantry to support his T34's.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Good to see someone is encouraging kids ( big and small ) to play with toy soldiers again! With the reliance on electronic media ( PC / video/ X-box/Playstations etc... ) this will be a new experience for many kids ....... the gaming world turns full circle eh???
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Looks like a lot of fun! I used to play France 1940, Stalingrad and Panzerblitz years ago, with cardboard pieces on a game board. This looks like the same concept with very nice execution!

It looks a fantastic board game.
    Seems to be fun.
    Cheers
    Nuno

Hi Guys, here are some of our vehicles and figures. Painting is still ongoing.

Scale is 1/100 or 15mm.

Cheers, Ade & Connor.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Guys, I am still very much absorbed by this new hobby. So I thought I would post a little update. My Soviet Red Army forces have expanded somewhat since Januaury!

As I mentioned before, the are 15mm scale resin/white metal kits and all need to be assmbled and painted. This is the current state of affairs. I have been attending several war games shows and I now have bought and painted all the scenery too. Today I need to add flock around the fence bases and 4 of the Katyushas.

The cornfields are made from coir door mats. Two of these need grass flocking putting around the edges to help blend them with the grass "battle mat". The shell damage is done by burning with a blow lamp.

Cheers, Ade.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow looks like good fun, my nephew has me back playing with plastic army men, maybe I will have to gift him some of these when he gets a little older.

Hi Ben, thanks. It is a great game, but rather complex, the rule book is pretty thick! I am still learning. But the company who produce it are really switched on and have You Tube videos, podcasts, PDF updates, etc.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast