Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Forever etched fear in our mind.

Article about: I found this one behind some furniture at a friend's house last year. Looks like a Black Widow but is in fact a False Widow but will still give you a bite if provoked. I have no idea where i

?

Default Re: Forever etched fear in our mind.

Quote by aussie mick View Post
    {Does anyone have aphoto of an Orb spider? I dont think I have ever seen one.
    }

Larry,
    Its always fun walking through the bush and you walk straight into ones web with the spider right in your face
    Mick
    Heres a pic of an Orb Spider and one of them eating a bird.

[/QUOTE]

Evil Mo'f'k'r! Why you go and post a thing like that?

--- *Edit

I nearly forgot. Have any of you northern hemisphere types ever heard of the Drop Bear Spider? They build their nests near billabongs mostly.

Those things have been known to climb down coolabah trees in the middle of the night and snatch koalas and even emus. Later on they'll BBQ them with some damper while downing a couple of cans of Fosters.

True story.

Warne-previews-his-golden-years-5744345.jpg

Quote by DioMac View Post
    }

Larry,
    Its always fun walking through the bush and you walk straight into ones web with the spider right in your face
    Mick
    Heres a pic of an Orb Spider and one of them eating a bird.
    Evil Mo'f'k'r! Why you go and post a thing like that?

--- *Edit

I nearly forgot. Have any of you northern hemisphere types ever heard of the Drop Bear Spider? They build their nests near billabongs mostly.

Those things have been known to climb down coolabah trees in the middle of the night and snatch koalas and even emus. Later on they'll BBQ them with some damper while downing a couple of cans of Fosters.

True story.

Warne-previews-his-golden-years-5744345.jpg[/QUOTE]

I thought real Aussies didn't drink Fosters!...

Old war story told by my late mother-during WW2 Fremantle (Perth's port city) was a major US submarine base and it was common practice for sailors to visit local homes-one night her family had a sailor stay over and he freaked out when he saw a Huntsman spider up on the ceiling of the bedroom (as prev stated people had them in the house for insect control)-they can move like lightning when they want to-he refused to sleep in the room with it! Still get them inside in my home but they usually stay well away in the room-my cats have caught them and I used to find a circle of 8 legs on the carpet with the body eaten out by them... Don't know how common it would be in other armies but here if you take your boots off in the field overnight you bloody well shake them out well in the morning-never know what might have found them a desirable new residence...

?

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Old war story told by my late mother-during WW2 Fremantle (Perth's port city) was a major US submarine base and it was common practice for sailors to visit local homes-one night her family had a sailor stay over and he freaked out when he saw a Huntsman spider up on the ceiling of the bedroom (as prev stated people had them in the house for insect control)-they can move like lightning when they want to-he refused to sleep in the room with it! Still get them inside in my home but they usually stay well away in the room-my cats have caught them and I used to find a circle of 8 legs on the carpet with the body eaten out by them... Don't know how common it would be in other armies but here if you take your boots off in the field overnight you bloody well shake them out well in the morning-never know what might have found them a desirable new residence...
    I forgot the golden rule once. Pulled my Steel Blues off one day after work and put them on the floor and sat down to have a beer and watch TV. After about 2 minutes something caught my eye and I saw the biggest, most evil looking huntsman I have ever seen crawl out of my left boot. He'd been in there for over eight hours.

Needless to say, I give my steel caps a good thrashing every morning now!

Spiders are hard to remove once they latch onto your skin...and after that.....the fright begins
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    I HATE spiders
    Well, I LIKE them! :-)))

Quote by Lidman View Post
    Looks like a Redback spider (the kind we get in oz).
    Or a Black Widow from the US.
    Both are related, and have a nasty bite

Brad.

Its a black Widow--the Brown Widows are even worse and we have them here in Texas. Brown Recluse (Banjo) Spiders are also in abundant supply here too. One crawled out of the heater in my apartment last year, and I felt somehting tickling my bare foot-and spotted that sum beach of a spider and managed to flick it off using a sheet of paper. Those thinga are VEY aggressive and the sum beach jumped at me, and I grabbed a nearby can of Lysol spray and sprayed the ship out of it. It stunned it long wnough for me to smash the frigging beast with a shoe.

Like someone else mentioned above: "I HATE" Spiders.

Having grown up in the bush as a kid, I still to this day turn my boots upside down and give them a thump before putting them on. You'll find everyone that has lived in the bush does the same thing. It's a habit you just don't grow out of.

As far as red backs go, the reality is that the last person to die from a redbacks bite was in 1950 so if you die from one then you probably deserve it! I've been bitten twice by them and I'm still here. If anyone wants to see a spider really worth being concerned about, google Sydney funnel web, those buggers will chase you across a room at the right time of year and they are lethal. They've claimed many lives.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    I say fight back ! There are some places in the world where spiders (Arachnids)
    are a source of nutrition. With increasing world population, and dwindling
    resources/supplies of food - dare I mention - this is our next step
    to survival on this planet.........
    When the regular sources for food runs out--ill be eating Bark Stew and Grass Soup thank you :-()

Yes, but you do get 8 drumsticks instead of 2...

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast