Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Forever etched fear in our mind.

Article about: I found this one behind some furniture at a friend's house last year. Looks like a Black Widow but is in fact a False Widow but will still give you a bite if provoked. I have no idea where i

?

Default Re: Forever etched fear in our mind.

I found this one behind some furniture at a friend's house last year. Looks like a Black Widow but is in fact a False Widow but will still give you a bite if provoked.

I have no idea where it went after I took the pic.......
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    I've seen birds caught in golden orb spider webs. My tourists were always impressed by their size and the strength of their webs. White tails can be pretty nasty, I must admit with a seven year old daughter I blitz them when I find them in the house. They do roam around, they like crawling into clothing etc..... During the night, not pleasant when you get dressed in the morning!
    Orb weavers are nasty. I once had to clean out an area behind a shed that was completely infested with them. I don't think I was ever quite so on edge...I had to keep reminding myself that at the end of the day, they were just insects - but still, with the way their huge webs get caught up full of bugs etc *shiver*.

White tails are evil, the way they crawl around and get into areas you just don't expect to see them. I went to put on a pair of shorts the other day and one fell out I promptly liquidated the mongrel!

Amazing how worked up we can get over insects. I guess Arachnids are just so alien to us humans!

i'm deathly afraid of spiders of all kinds. big or small, poisonous or not, if i see one i kill it and i mean KILL it. and i have to see the body. i never miss. i have over 40 years experience dispatching these things. but if someone else gets involved and screws up... either misses the thing or hits it but i can't see the proof because it falls in a place i can't get to, it can lead to me abandoning a house until the place can be totally gassed and i don't know what else.

it's totally ridiculous. a TRUE phobia.

I have a bit of a phobia of them too I got bit by one at a reenactment and I did not notice it. Upon returning to work in 100 degree F kitchen over the next few days I did not remember much and started blacking out. I then took off early from work and took a few Tylenol and a nap. Then I stated thinking clearly again and woke up in horror when I noticed a giant red bite mark on my thigh the size of a small pizza.

I got it checked out ASAP and my temp then was 104.7 and they told me the worst part was over I was lucky I survived, and gave be antibiotics

END OF STORY EVERY SPIDER MUST DIE hate those little B@$#%&*

Larry: I found these two guys hanging out on my front porch this summer.

Luke

001.jpg002 (2).jpg

?

Quote by rogge16 View Post

Luke

001.jpg002 (2).jpg
    Nuke the entire site fom orbit - YouTube

?

Beautiful insects. I have one living in my aircondition in the RD. It is big, grey and very flat so it can get into tiny spaces. He eats the other bugs in my home so he is my allied, i would never kill him.

"Beautiful insects. I have one living in my aircondition in the RD. It is big, grey and very flat so it can get into tiny spaces. He eats the other bugs in my home so he is my allied, i would never kill him."

Someday they will come for you......

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    We have nasty, poisonous' slimy creatures here in UK too !
    Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Living beside a woodlot, my place is crawling with them - but they are usually
    common garden and wolf spiders. Right now, at around one or two degrees
    above the freezing mark, there are none to be seen.........!
    Quote by rogge16 View Post

Luke

001.jpg002 (2).jpg
    Woolgar ,, that spider is horribly inhumane and I have seen extensive damage from that one of a kind breed,, the teeth are scary

Steve Walkwolf,,, that bugger looks like it has head lights on it,,that would scare the crap out of me if i see that thing walking on apillow at night,, thinking it had a miners helmet on its head.
    Dave ...With all due respect,, a spider that size i would salute and walk on the other side of the street,,I liken that critter to a hardened infantryman,

Does anyone have aphoto of an Orb spider? I dont think I have ever seen one.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hehehe.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast