Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Forever etched fear in our mind.

Article about: I found this one behind some furniture at a friend's house last year. Looks like a Black Widow but is in fact a False Widow but will still give you a bite if provoked. I have no idea where i

Default Re: Forever etched fear in our mind.

Well, I am a militaria collector!!
    ;-)
    My wife often tells me I am sick!! Everything in my life get's converted to militaria...
    I even calculate in Pickelhaube's! Like for instance a middle class car cost's like about 9 officer's spike helmets!
    |<
    Last edited by stuka f; 12-27-2012 at 04:08 PM.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Why did I come here?!?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I found this little fella in my bathroom when I was still living in Brisbane...

Attachment 441970

Hint: its no good spraying these buggers with the fly-spray, they just run after you! Best bet is a shoe or rolled up newspaper. I did try a broom on one once but it jumped onto the brush and ran up the handle towards me, so I bravely dropped my weapon and fled the field of battle.
    Quote by Aus der Traum View Post
    Why did I come here?!?
    Hi Glenn sounds like a Line scripted from Monty Pythons "Holy Grail" ,,, "Sir Robin bravely ran away " LOL

And @ Aus der Traum....you came here out of curiosity but with " Templehoff" it is self torture!!!! ...he keeps coming back for more
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

funny you just now say that, Larry.

because I'm back.

oh man... why??

Here is the only insignia with a spider that I know of Kris - it is a
    'Ghost' or 'Phantom' patch for the US 135th ABN PIR.........
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    funny you just now say that, Larry.

because I'm back.

oh man... why??
    That's because this thread has grown legs...........I know, a pathetic thing to say but you all know you were thinking it, it was only a matter of time before some clown put it in writing and when it comes to stupidity, I'm your man.

hahahahaha indeed it has.

we need a sub-forum for this.

There was this one time when I was still living at home when I was using the downstairs toilet and for some reason whilst sitting there I was compelled to look up and some spider's egg sack must have hatched as the ceiling was literally crawling with hundreds of black spiders! Naturally the sight of this assisted me to finish my business almost instantly and I again bravely fled the field!

I quickly returned with a can of spray and stuck only my arm past the door and basically fumigated the place! Now who would have thought that when the spray hit each spider that it would drop on a line of silk down to eye level like a thousand little navy SEALs?

Naturally I bravely fled the field again...

It just shakes me up thinking about the Orb spider and running into a strong web. Just like a movie where the villain jumps onto a speeding truck trying to get to the driver and kill him.....its the same with the orb Spider,,,the web being that thick and sticky,,,no matter how fast you try to run away the web will follow you and that spider is going to catch up. Brave bugger climbing that broom handle like that.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast