Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Forum numbers

Article about: by ian i would love to re join ,,i havnt worked for 6mths now ,,and cant justify it to my wife I certainly understand friend. Everyone has their ups and downs financially. Don't worry about

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Chaps, in reference to the 2000 guests I was on about these are the guys that pop in and just look for information, if regular guys want to contribute thats fine if they dont they dont, with the 2000 odd guys that just look every day, if they actually registered and commented/posted info it would make the forum a even better wealth of knowledge, unknowingly they might have unseen items in their collections and not even know it! I realise that it is unlikely but it would be nice
    2000 ladies and gentlemen. sorry ben i thought i would just add this

This is a great place to hang out. I am
    a paid member on 3 forums and all have
    their strenght's and weekness's but this
    has the best and friendliest atmosphere
    by far.

I am not a huge contributor, I am just happy
    to help out where I can and sometimes
    show off my small collection.

The membership fee is a small price to pay for
    the amount of help, advice, and encouragement
    that is offered here. Besides, all it takes is the
    purchase of one fake, to more than cover the cost
    of not joining.
    Last edited by Chopperman; 01-10-2014 at 08:55 PM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by ian View Post
    i would love to re join ,,i havnt worked for 6mths now ,,and cant justify it to my wife
    Good luck with the job hunting mate!...

?

Well, ALL what Gunny has mentioned has in fact been milled over a few times between the Moderators ...
    It's not so much a catch 22 situation .....as "we" all would like to see more numbers aboard, and of course any willing donations/memberships are more than a bonus, They keep this forum ALIVE !

Various ideas have been suggested, and things like the membership raffle have been instigated to encourage matters.

If anybody has any further thoughts/ideas to help, please post them here ..

Regards

Gary J.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    First of all this has been a great thread, i've really got to agree with your last paragraph Jerry as that is something that gets under my skin, along with the fact that half of the time we don't even get a simple thank you.
    I know first hand how much a forum like this can cost as i used to run a tattoo website, with the amount of photos and quotes being posted it certainly aint peanuts. I understand fully that some people who are down on their luck can struggle to pay the gold club membership as i've been there myself what i can't get my head around are the non paying folks who about to buy a quite expensive item and want it authenticating, two words "pay up"!...
    Am i to understand somebody has paid the gold club membership for Ian? who ever you are i take my hat off to you!...(well i would if i was wearing one)
    It's been said before that the help and info you get here is well worth the membership fee!..

?

Hi Gary I do not know that there is an elegant solution to this problem I would hate to see the forum covered with blanket advertising or have diminished services ie.... number of images and or reduced sections to keep it viable or worse case close down do to lack of funding !!!
    This is almost like my second home I spend so much time here there is no other forum that has the same standard of knowledge and comrodery as the W.R. site.
    Ah hell no body else will put up with me either but you gents

Regards Mark K

?

One thought Gary .
    Possibly a small% could be charged for items that are sold through are classifieds section.

Regards Mark K

for me this forum takes some time out. from work. 14 to 15 hour days . i love to see what new items have been posted on here. i like to read most post. and will not commit any bandwith violations again. ha ha.

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    One thought Gary .
    Possibly a small% could be charged for items that are sold through are classifieds section.

Regards Mark K
    That's a pretty good idea, not sure how it could be enforced though! not sure if enforced is the right word but i think people know what i mean!...

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    That's a pretty good idea, not sure how it could be enforced though! not sure if enforced is the right word but i think people know what i mean!...
    but there only a small % worth buying.

?

Hi Gunny my thoughts on this are only on items that sell and it would have to run on the honor system.

Regards Mark K

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast