Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Free authentication and valuation service.

Article about: by DioMac Oh dear, I must admit that post by Esko Brandt gave me laugh purely for the irony! Just had a little giggle myself!....

Default Re: Free authentication and valuation service.

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    I recently bought an item of the internet in which the seller stated "this has been reviewed by experts on WRF and deemed as original". When i received the item myself, it turned out it had been listed on another forum and wasn't real. People are quoting this website as a validation service even though often there is not evidence of the item ever being on here.
    My suggestion would be that if anyone ever states that, ask for a link to the thread where it was discussed.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    My suggestion would be that if anyone ever states that, ask for a link to the thread where it was discussed.
    Ralph.
    And name the seller.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by winterhilfswerk Book View Post
    This is the one that pisses me off the most! I can't tell you how many times I have gone that 'extra mile' to answer a question and then nothing! Biggest pet peeve of mine...drives me crazy!
    I totally agree ,you try to help someone and NO THANK YOU.
    I just love the threats GOOD OR BAD nothing else about the item.
    I see more and more of this.
    It is not only this forum other forums are having the same problem with new commers lately.
    I am no expert I do ask for help sometimes but also try to say thanks.
    chris

I'll admit that I'm guilty of posting a good amount of 'Is this real?" threads.

I do make an effort to research the things I post beforehand. In most cases, I have already formed an opinion of my own. I just get very paranoid about even the most obviously original items, so almost everything gets posted for extra opinions. Occasionally, someone points out something about a very good fake that I had missed.

?

Hi All
    Totally agree with what Adrian and others say, although I am still a newcomer here I love to read all the posts and cannot believe how friendly and helpful every person here is to one another, I have a small collection of German militaria in the UK which I will be bringing back to China to be displayed in my home (as now I have a very understanding wife) so I can't wait to start posting pics asking you good folks for your opinions, again, thank you to one and all for the help you have given me.
    Regards
    Kevin

CBH
    ?

This is a wonderful site , it made me learn how to use a computer ! And I try to help out with information , when I can . I hate to make real vs fake , statements , do to the fakes these days ! I do try to thank everyone , that was how I was brought up . And my small reference book collection , is getting a good work out . It is nice to help out , and it is it's own reward . I consider myself lucky to be on this site , and exposed to such a wealth of knowledgeable collectors . Thank you all for everything .
    Cheers Chris

Actually, the comments in this thread is a pure sign of the unity of this forum.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

I think the classics are the newbies who think they've found some item of TR treasure, "Is it real and what's it worth" you tell them it's a worthless fake and you hear nothing else, not a thank you or kiss my ar*e. I think the only item i mithered people about was my Krimschild which i really wasn't sure about, it was identified by one of the very knowledgeable members as an unknown maker.
    It costs nothing to be polite, a simple thank you means a lot, if people in general were as helpful as the people on here the world would be a far better place!..

Saying, "Thank you" is so simple, yet some can't seem to find the time to say it in their posts. The ones that really get under your skin are the threads from newcomers that ask good or bad, with little iinformation, incomplete or unusable photos and then you never hear from them again after they have received several replies with positive (or negative) feedback on their item. I was a registered member for a few months before I paid for the subscription, and I waited those few months so that I could vet the site and its members, etc. I wanted to see how it operated and if the information was reliable. Once I was thoroughly satisfied with the forum as a whole, I very happily paid my $25 for a full year, and just renewed it last month for another year. I saw this as a very reasonable price to pay for the wealth of information, knowledge and resources provided here. Heck, I spend ten times that amount on some of my helmets, so there really was no excuse not to subscribe. I still find myself looking for help with pricing out items that I come across in my travels, but don't really collect or have ever dealt with. All I ever ask is for a ballpark amount, just to make sure I'm not spending way too much on an item, but I always try to say thank you and show my appreciation. I hope this doesn't sound like a pitch to get newly registered members to buy the subsciption, that is totally their option, and it might not be feasible or sensible for someone who stumbles upon the site to verify an item they have from a relative. I can understand a few posts from those types and never seeing them again. But for those who linger in the shadows and emerge only to take advantage of the "free" appraisal, as Adrian said, than all I can say ask is, if you're going to screw us, at least kiss us when you're finished.

I have used this site for various questions over a period of time, and grateful I am too. I do make a point of giving thanks. Well, its only manners right? But some people obviously have more knowledge of subjects than say I do. So.... its not always easy to give something back. But believe me...I do try adding an answer, book ref if I can.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast