Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Free authentication and valuation service.

Article about: by DioMac Oh dear, I must admit that post by Esko Brandt gave me laugh purely for the irony! Just had a little giggle myself!....

CBH
    ?

We can watch "Jager" and see if he joins Up or even thanks you and Mr. Delich.
    That might help us to decide if to help him in the future.
    This is a truly Thankless Time.

Quote by CBH View Post
    We can watch "Jager" and see if he joins Up or even thanks you and Mr. Delich.
    That might help us to decide if to help him in the future.
    This is a truly Thankless Time.

I was rather thinking of the odd person who wants to wear the clothes of a child, actually.
    I won't delve into that one more, but no sooner do I return to posting, than all of the
    characters come out of their holes to make life here more trouble than it is frankly worth.

?

I joined as a PAID member a couple of weeks ago and posted pictures of a RAD Leader dagger for review. I joined as a PAID member because if I want folks on the forum to comment on something I post then I should pay my dues and support this forum. I have received two responses. Two. Gwar commented and asked if anyone else had an opinion...Rossi commented on it...no one else has. Am I taking advantage of the collective knowledge of other members?

Quote by Jabbo View Post
    I joined as a PAID member a couple of weeks ago and posted pictures of a RAD Leader dagger for review. I joined as a PAID member because if I want folks on the forum to comment on something I post then I should pay my dues and support this forum. I have received two responses. Two. Gwar commented and asked if anyone else had an opinion...Rossi commented on it...no one else has. Am I taking advantage of the collective knowledge of other members?
    That's strange as your name is white, if paid it should be pink.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Jabbo View Post

Jabbo,

The good news is that you got answers from two VERY well versed collectors of RAD items. I think others felt they didn't need to comment anymore as it was evaluated and deemed to be good. The important thing is that is has gotten the thumbs up and you have a very nice looking and collectible hewer!

Also, two things.

First - We don't differentiate in who we help (paid or not paid).
    Second - Sometimes, for whatever odd reason a thread might just not catch on. I've been here for a while. Have posted quite a few hundred new threads and have had my fair share of "dead end threads". I don't blame anyone. Sometimes it just happens. Other times, some threads just take off for no logical reason.

We really appreciate all members who step up with a membership to support the forum. Without this small annual fee, we would not have the ability to share and learn.

I will note however, if as you noted you became a paid member, it is not showing. Your Screen name should be "panzer pink", like mine as an example. You might want to contact the admin to see what happened.

And lastly, I remember your first post. You got quiet the warm welcome! So bear with us a bit.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by Jabbo View Post
    This forum isn't a search engine. These are REAL people, who are taking REAL time out of there day to help you. Because you paid money to support the forum does not mean that it entitles you to get a lot of responses, in a short time.

Edit: Map responded while I was typing this, sorry if it seems like I was beating a dead horse.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Ethan View Post
    This forum isn't a search engine. These are REAL people, who are taking REAL time out of there day to help you. Because you paid money to support the forum does not mean that it entitles you to get a lot of responses, in a short time.

Edit: Map responded while I was typing this, sorry if it seems like I was beating a dead horse.
    Any Gunny responded while I was typing mine! LoL

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

1. I don’t consider myself to be entitled to anything that I haven’t earned - being a paid member doesn’t entitle me at all - my post on this thread was in response to the OP - I apologize to anyone that I offended by my post.

2. I suppose I should ask the admin why I don’t appear to be a paying member...hopefully the admin will confirm my membership with a post in this thread.

3. I appreciate anyone that takes time out of there (sic) day to contribute.

If I may...

The members of this forum are real people. They have jobs, responsibilities and lives outside of this space. Those commitments come first. While we have resident experts in just about every field of militaria, not all of them will be online all of the time, and there are often times in which the forum is empty of people with knowledge on a particular subject. Responses need not be instantaneous. Replies may take days, or even weeks or months after the initial posting, but replies will come sooner or later. Where they don't, or where no further comments are made after an initial few, it is most likely because there is either nothing to add to the conversation, or simply nothing of interest to be said at all.

No member is unimportant. But at the same time, no member is worth the world. There are some whose knowledge is worth its weight in gold, and their reputation precedes them. But they are no better than you or I. Regardless of our knowledge, whether we 'pay in' or not, we are all equals here. No one lords it over anyone else. We are all brothers in arms within the same sphere of interest, and that mutual respect is what allows this forum to function not only as a source of knowledge, but as an enjoyable social space as well.

I do not mean to deride you, or imply that you are mean or entitled in some way. On the internet, things such as sarcasm are hard to decipher. Digital communication leaves much to be desired in that regard, and is no substitute for face to face conversation. It can be very easy to accidentally insult or irritate someone, and that can be quickly remedied with an apology.

No need for anyone to argue, when cool heads will better prevail.

''Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!''

Regards, B.B.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Jabbo View Post
    1. I don’t consider myself to be entitled to anything that I haven’t earned - being a paid member doesn’t entitle me at all - my post on this thread was in response to the OP - I apologize to anyone that I offended by my post.

2. I suppose I should ask the admin why I don’t appear to be a paying member...hopefully the admin will confirm my membership with a post in this thread.

3. I appreciate anyone that takes time out of there (sic) day to contribute.
    Point # 1: Ahhhhh...got it. that's how (as BB noted) it is so easy to misinterpret in the digital world. I think we all thought you were peeved by the lack of responses. The "OP" btw was one of the original Moderators here at WRF.
    Point # 2: Yes. Contact the Admin. It's sexy to be in panzer pink. PLUS you get access to some "gold member" (I think we should re-name it Panzer Pink Members ) only databases that are a fantastic resource and have taken thousands of hours to create
    Point # 3: Your welcome!

M

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast